or Connect

Posts by milletpuff

I would jsut like to gently point out that your MILs process of getting attached to people and then having problems/getting hurt is 100% her own process. I hear you being concerned that she will get hurt - that means it's time to detach. You can't control that process and you should not be trying to. If she *does* get hurt and it is affecting you, set boundaries and take care of your side of the street, and maybe she might make different decisions next time.   As for...
This is one of the main reasons that we decided to do at home IUIs! When we started out the process and I was having to go to appts once a month or so, I just sort of "fudged" or said something about a drs appt.   Lately however, I have had to miss an insane amount of work (I think I used up 30 hours of vacation and 35 hours of sick time in November), so I did tell my immediate supervisor, and when I got back from it all I told my immediate co-workers (I share a room...
I sometimes feel like that about my job, but then I am often reminded WHY I chose to work in the non-profit sector - I have made a decision to accept a lower hourly rate for a higher level of flexibility, the ability to partially work from home, and a work environment that I feel comfortable in and that matched my values. I do occasionally consider going back to the private sector, but very very very briefly!   Also, when I began by job I was offered a PT, temp job...
In my experience, people just don't know how to deal with something like losing a child. I am so so sorry for your loss, and I'm sorry that your friend didn't get it. I am going through something very similar with my oldest and supposedly "best" friend right now. There's probably no way to get your friend to be the friend you need right now. If you had a lot of time and emotional energy right now you might be able to perhaps get her to stop the active behaviors that are...
Hi, sorry I am not able to keep up, I just wanted to post a quick update and goodbye (at least for a while). I hadn't passed the baby and was having pain so we went in for an US on Thursday am and there was a lot of blood in my abdomen, so they immediately checked me into the hospital for emergency surgery. I had an ectopic. They did save the tube, but I am not sure if I can go through this process again so we may be switching over to adoption. In any case I am taking a...
Congrats Leslie!!   I just wanted to post an update. I went in for an US on Thursday am because I had not passed the baby yet, and they saw a lot of blood in my abdomen, and I'd been in a lot of pain for a few days. I was checked in for emergency surgery. It was an exctopic pregnancy but they managed to save my tube. I am not sure if that matters yet, because I am not sure that I can bring myself to try again, and we may be ready to move to adoption. I am sorry that...
Bye bye baby P, we love you just as you are and miss you already.
Hi can you please delete me? Bye bye baby #3. Thanks, and I wish you all the happiest and best pregnancies and births ever! I will rejoin you soon.
I had sharp pains on the side I ovulated from this morning so I went in for an US and more bloodwork. You know it's bad when the RE says "well the best case scenario is that this is a normal uterine pregnancy that's just failing. But we won't be able to rule out an ectopic for another week or so. There is a fraction of a percent of a chance that this could be viable, but you will probably lose it soon."   So, bye bye baby number 3. I need a little...
Hi can you please move me to taking a break? Bye bye baby #3. Thanks.