or Connect

Posts by milletpuff

You may be able to request duplicate receipts depending on the merchant. For example, most car rental agencies and hotels will send one. The tax credit advice is great, and also there are some things that become a deduction when you are self-employed that wouldn't otherwise be -- health care if you buy it for yourself is the big one, and retirement contributions potentially.
Also...believe it or not the IRS can be really helpful with these sorts of questions. I had a LOT of money in SE tax that I owed and didn't pay because I couldn't deal with figuring it out, then finally came around and got it all settled four years later. The IRS was really helpful, and I wish I'd just called them in the first place! It was hit-or-miss, a little, and sometimes I got someone who wasn't very helpful, but usually they were nice *and* informative. From Feb...
I might be able to help too, or you can just start typing and maybe we call all help you hone in your questions. It can definitely be super overwhelming, especially if it's tied it to other money fears. *hug* The very most basic of basics (if you are the self-employed one): you pay 15.3% of about 92% your profits (that is, all the money people/businesses paid you )*minus* all your business expenses, to the IRS. Then, half of that amount can be deducted when you go to...
The Credit Card and Consumer Debt board at fool.com is the board that I found when I really wanted to change my relationship to money. There are a some amazing minds and very helpful people there. It can be tough-love sometimes if you post all your financial guts but as always, take what you need and leave the rest
Thanks for the reply! So some barfing and a lot of sleeping is just him being a dog, not him showing signs of some horrible after-puppy-onset disease, right? Maybe that's just what I need to hear...
Hi, I've got a 1.5 yr little minpin-chihuahua mix rescue guy. He's my first dog (my partner has had several) and I'm prone to worry sometimes bc I'm sensitive like that I love him *too much* Sometimes he seems lethargic, and I don't know if he's just being lazy and it's OK, or if somethings going on that should be addressed. He has a healthy appetite and regular poops, drinks lots of water (sometimes too much and barfs it up tho), and is generally happy to see us and...
Thanks, this is all very helpful! I'm afraid of asking my insurance what they cover because I've heard stories about how difficult (or impossible) it is to get insurance once you are pregnant -- so if I want to make changes to my plan (I am self-employed, so I do and will continue to find and pay my own insurance out of pocket), I worry that they would not let me change coverage to a more suitable plan. Right now I have a pretty high deductible and pay a lot more out of...
Hello all, my partner and I are hoping to start ttc next spring or summer, and so I'm trying to start figuring out what I need to figure out, but the frustration with trying to decode my Kaiser documents (ie...hello, what are my birthing options? etc) has pushed me out of my long lurkdom to ask for any basic info on where to start. I am on Kaiser and live in Portland, do I have to pick a primary care doctor and they refer me? I also can't figure out what is covered and...