or Connect

Posts by ReadyMom

My dh and I and our three children (seven and younger) are vegan. I read recently that PETA is now calling fish "sea kittens." They have a website (which I have visited) aimed at children that shows fish dressed up in kitten suits and implores children to "Save the sea kittens." I think this is the stupidest thing I have ever seen and I would never, ever, ever tell my children that fish are "sea kittens." To me it seems that this will just, once again, make...
Do you have a community of homeschoolers to which you belong? To me, homeschooling is the norm because we socialize with so many other homeschoolers. Is the "Moms Who Send Their Kids to School" club really the group you want to be in? Are these women actually making you feel left out? Aside from asking you questions about homeschooling, do they seem to think that homeschooling (and by extension, you) are weird? Is that just your own worry? We can't afford a lot of...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mizelenius Would you actually say I was being selfish to my face, if you knew me IRL? Yes, probably, because I don't think that saying something is selfish is akin to an attack, and I think that people do selfish things all the time without necessarily realizing how they impact other people, so I don't think saying something is selfish is either horrible or an indication that someone is a bad person. I am sorry you...
I neither jumped all over her nor was negative. I stated my opinion and offered my suggestions. I'm assuming that people don't post on discussion boards unless they want opinions and discussion. If all someone wants is support, that should be stated. ReadyMom
Well, I certainly never said it's appalling. It seems, however, from your original post that you routinely expect that your daughter should get a spot in classes not meant for kids her age and that you are annoyed that the directors of the class don't just let her in, no questions asked. I don't think that's a good long-term strategy. I think a better idea would be to talk to people about creating programs that would be more inclusive or be specifically targeted to gifted...
My oldest is only seven, but I am already frustrated by the fact that many of the activities she tries to attend are populated by kids younger than the stated age range. Most of the kids' parents think that they are old enough/smart enough/mature enough to handle it, but the reality is, they generally are not. They drag the level down for the older kids. My personal opinion is that if your child is not old enough, your child is not old enough. A particular child may be...