or Connect

Posts by poiyt

I have been diagnosed with bipolar, I have been suffering horribly for over a year now. Before then I was able to manage my depression and mania, but then things got worse when there was a big emotional whorwind in my life - it was chaos, and something in my brain snapped.   In the last year I have been on 13 different medications, hospitalized twice, and tried four different forms of therapy (EFT, Psychotherapy, Psychiatry, DBT).   My current med combo isnt...
I do the same Mrs Gregory. I only sit for dinner. But I plan out my meals and snacks before hand. For breakfast I try to eat what I have planned for breakfast (a low calorie thing as thats what Im trying right now), and I always stop and savour the first bite, but after that its a rush to get myself and my kids fed and up and then I have to leave for work. I eat my lunch while I work, as well as snacks. But..they are all pre planned so I am not mindlessly eating while...
My DD#2 is high needs. Though she has been recently diagnosed with sensory issues - still high needs! She has been since the moment she was born. When she was 8months old she took a plastic bottle cap disk (you know the little disks that are undernearth pop bottles that you used to win prizes on and what not) and got it suctioned to the roof of her mouth. It was clear so no one could see it. Cue a nursing strike, drastic weight loss, many trips to the dr's and ER - none...
What an amazing story - you write so calmly and it was wonderful. Congrats on your birth and enjoy your babymoon!
How did you feel when people responded with the "oh I see"? I cant imagine how heartbreaking I might feel...both because its about my child, and because it seems they are judging the relationship...yk?
I hear you on the food and tragic news front Mrs.Gregory! Growing up food was always a comforter. Media even tells us that as women to make us happy, or to show us one loves us, or when we are depressed that chocolate is the answer. Food is so closely linked to what is supposed to make us feel better. How is it possible to not continue that link into adulthood?   Im on a restriction diet now..I know I know...its bad. Im trying to restrict my calories to 1400-1500 -...
I was wondering if anybody on this thread would be interested in starting a new one. I just stumbled across this and its so old. So I started a new one, here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1349282/emotional-eaters-and-being-at-peace-with-food#post_16929606 Please come and join us - especially if you have 'graduated' Id love to hear what worked for you, and how you are all doing!
This is a quote from Veggiemommy in the oroginal thread:         I would love to see this kind of discussion started again.   I know for me, I have emotional and mental issues with food. Not just eating when I am feeling particularly emotionally vulnerable, but also using food as something for me so that in the midst of everything else I do (work 40 hrs a week, commute, 4 kids, partner, house renos etc) I have something thats a constant. Plus for me, I am dealing with a...
Hi :)   I was doing some thread searching for something I wanted to discuss and found the perfect one...here:   http://www.mothering.com/community/t/584497/emotional-eaters-wanting-to-stop-the-diet-mentality-and-be-at-peace-with-food   But..its old. Some of the members who participated are still active on MDC and I think the discussion is still valid. I tried to reply to that thread so that those interested in continuing the discussion could be asked if they...
About a year maybe a year and a half ago he was having some issues during the day - but those seemed to clear up quickly, he was embarrassed - and I honestly felt bad for him :(   When DS obviously wets the bed, and his sheets are wet at night he wont even get up, he just lays awake or knowingly sleeps in the wetness. I feel so bad for him, but I dont know what to do. Which is why we, too, use diapers, but will grow out of those soon and I think the adult diapers...