or Connect

Posts by poiyt

Hey - Ive been a long timd MDC member, but never posted to this board. So..let me give you some back story...or as much as is relevant.   Currently, I live with my four children, my partner (DP) and my soon to be ex-husband (DH I guess). It works for us, we are all really good friends, and its relaly fine. DH has worked since before DD#1 was born (she is now 4.5). DP has been raising DD#1 since she was 7 months old - so its not like dp is a stranger at all. I have...
My DD#2 has been high needs since she was about 4-5 weeks old. She is now nearing 3 and still high needs. I can so relate to this list and I am so glad its hear. I want to save this somewhere and read it again and again and again.DD#2 is more than I can handle some days - this list is a helpful reminder of the things she can teach me, and makes me laugh :)
omgoodness...what an adorable little sleeping baby and a gorgeous family!   Thanks for all the welcomes!
My dd#1 was concieved using a condom and then plan B the next day. I was young and didnt know better, and cant take estrogen based birth control so I was using plan B as my birth control....so much for that plan lol
Hi :)   I dont think I am ever going to get through the 31 pages here! But I wanted to introduce myself!   My name is Lindsay :) I am engaged to my partner. We have a blended family - each bringing in two children. We were best friends for years before we got together, and were together every moment of every day as best friends (I fell in love with her long before she knew..he he). The kids have grown up together, she even caught the youngest during my UC - it...
My DW and I have 4 children, we are blended - but the kids have been raised together - she even caught the youngest! We are now planning for a final baby to unite and complete our family. When we talk, or the kids ask - we tell them they have two moms. Simple as that. DW is called mama and I am called Mii Mii. When people ask we say we are both their moms.   I find the NGP label and what not only really occurs when the two of us are talking. In my case for our 5th...
I had my UC nearly 3 years ago now. A beautiful little girl.   Even now, 3 years later I can still recall with amazement and awe intimate details of her birth. I still relive it from time to time. I can still feel the power I felt, and how come and yet primal the whole situation was.   I can remember sitting up in the middle of a contraction (I was on all fours) and just throwing myself to the universe, into the arms of a loving partner.   I can remember...
I need help. I need to hear stories. Read blogs - please send me your blogs on this if you have any. My situation is complicated. We are in a poly relationship (yes Im aware there is a poly thread). The main issue that I need help is that my fiance is pregnant. She is having my husbands baby. I dont care (at all really and truly) and that is my husbands baby. We didnt plan this baby. We had intended to wait like 5 years before having more babies (we have 4). We...
General Question: When does the weight of a child overtake the age of another child in determining who rearfaces. Specifics: We have 4 kids and 3 adults in our tightly packed minivan. We own a graco snugride 35 for the 13month old (19lbs) - rearfacing in back passengers side, A britax marathon for the 4yr old (35lbs) - forward facing in the back drivers side, a britax boulevard for the nearly 3yr old (24lbs) forward facing in the middle drivers side, and a graco myride...
In BC you call the province of bc and request a registration of live birth packet, as well as an unassisted package, you do this during pregnancy. You fill out all the paperwork and are required to get two notarized letters from non family members that say that they saw you pregnant, saw your baby, where they live etc, then mail the whole shebang in. the notarized letters are a pita, because most notaries dont know about the form, so we had a few refuse to notarize them.