or Connect

Posts by Annoia

And I believe they are vegan!
I like my Vitamin Code Raw Prenatals. Regular prenatals were making me barf, but these never bother my stomach. The downside - expensive (to me) and you take three at a time. Found mine at the Vitamin Shoppe. HTH!
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyCatLady So sorry to keep updating this daily. Still no spotting or bleeding. I still feel very pregnant. They seemed so sure at that clinic that I had lost it, but I'm starting to have my doubts. They were nurses, not doctors and not ultrasound techs. Maybe they were wrong? So for now I keep going on like I'm pregnant. Hopefully I'll get some real answers on the 8th. DDCC (again) YAY! And...
Quote: Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes I don't like getting my face wet, I hate when my hair gets wet. I'm one of those people who don't like to go swimming b/c of both of those reasons. I don't take baths, I take fast 10 min showers and thats all I can deal with. I hate being pruney. Oh, that is me. The thought of a waterbirth - Plus, I like to feel very grounded during labor and delivery. I don't know if that makes sense, but I need...
That sounds fun! I'm interested to hear what others have to say. I can add that to my list of foods to have around (miso soup was something I also picked up from the boards).
Quote: Originally Posted by Piglet68 I don't really care if Mr. and Mrs. America "get" what I'm doing. Yup. Me too.
Quote: Originally Posted by CI Mama Here's why I think CS can be as natural and desirable as a straightforward vaginal birth & why I am an NCB advocate and why I see no contradiction whatsoever in that stance. Reason #1: I see NCB as a process, not an outcome. It's not just about the moment the baby emerges from the mother's body, but about everything that leads up to that moment, and everything that follows it. It's not just about what happens, it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cukup That others may be judged for choosing institionalized learning over unschooling, but unschooling is a privledge not every family can achieve. If I do pursue the public schooling route because I have to go back to work or study, then I feel I am seen as buying into the mainstrean view and treating learning in an unnatural way. If I want to unschool but can't, then I'm viewed as not good enough by unschoolers, even...
Quote: Originally Posted by Cukup If the child wanted to go to park to play but there were other children at the daycare who couldn't due to naps/age etc---then the US child can't follow their desires. What happens if the child wakes up and doesn't feel like going to the daycare but the parent has to work, how is US accommodated? Meh. Not really a big deal to me. Just using the park example, IRL my kids can't go to the park when they want...
Quote: Originally Posted by trimestersdoula Anyways, when they finally got back from the city, they came up to the hospital to see us......at 10 PM!!!! I'm still totally bitter about it LOL. Yup! I'm still annoyed at the people who somehow found out I had DS1 and called non-stop or stopped by WITH THEIR GERMY KIDS. Gah! I'm even still aggravated by the people who, once I came home from the hospital with DS1, rang my door bell...