or Connect

Posts by lafemmedesfemmes

194.5. i also want to keep track of my inches-- i've never done that before. i'll post that tomorrow morning.   last year, i got serious about losing weight and got down to the low 160s, and my goal was 150. but stuff happened, i stopped exercising, got lax about my diet, and gained almost all of it back. :-/   so, here we go again! i'll be doing the 30 day shred and yoga for my exercise. and watching my portions while concentrating on reducing carbs. it worked...
sounds awesome. i'm in!   christina
both of my sons have long hair, but it's super curly so you can't really tell the length unless i put their hair in cornrows. kid1's hair is past his shoulder blades when wet, and kid2's hair is just past shoulder length. they've both been mistaken for girls more times than i can count. it causes more discomfort for the people that we correct than it ever has for us.   dh and i agreed long before we had kids that no hair-cutting would happen until and unless the...
i have a four year old (pre-k-ish) and a seven year old (first grade). i work full-time outside the home during normal business hours. my disabled husband is home with the children during the day. we do school lessons when i get home in the evenings, and my husband takes the kids to park days and co-ops during the day while i'm at work. it works well enough because it's important enough to us to keep them out of brick-and-mortar schools, and we believe that sending the...
my city's col index hovers right around 100, and the average home is about $150,000, while the average income is about $45,000 per household.  not bad at all.   we're currently making about $32,000 per year, between my husband's disability payments and my full-time job.  however, our medical insurance is paid through my job, and that eats an appalling two-thirds of my paycheck.  and my husband's condition requires health insurance to cover his expenses.   before...
i voted $51-$99.  my sister-in-law always makes the birthday cake, so i don't have that expense.  i quit mailing paper invitations after the 2nd birthday, since all of our people are online anyway.  we do our parties at home, though i pride myself on feeding my guests a meal, so that's the majority of my budget.  our family and friends are generous, so if we don't have the money to swing buying a gift on top of throwing the party we don't sweat it.  in the years that we...
i've had two unassisted births and labored and birthed on the living room floor both times.  we made a nest with a mattress protector and a bunch of towels on top.  worked out great!   when we get pregnant again, i will try out laboring in our bathtub-- we now have a nice big garden tub that i occasionally like to soak in-- but i'm keeping an open mind about whether i'll actually give birth in there.   christina
if my son wants to have it done because he wants his penis to look different, then that's cosmetic surgery.  he will need to be at least 18 and pay for it himself, like with any other cosmetic surgery.   christina
i have a kenmore ultra wash iii, which was handed down to me by a friend who used it for, oh, five or six years, before it sat unused in her garage for another five or six years. when she gave it to me, she said that it was, hands down, the best dishwasher she's ever owned, built in or portable. and i have to hand it to her, it does an awesome job. :-) it is a little louder than the built-in ones that i'm used to, but not enough to be problematic. the only issue i...
my older son was a one-tooth wonder at a year old, and at almost 6, none of his teeth are loose yet. my younger son was about the same-- he had two teeth at a year old. i want to say i remember reading something about early teething being connected to the early loss of baby teeth, but i couldn't name a source at this point. so here you are, one more point of anec-data. :-) christina