or Connect

Posts by MegBoz

Friend of mine, very AP-friendly mama:   http://therapists.psychologytoday.com/rms/name/Lorah_Bess_Hauf_LCPC_Columbia_Maryland_91111   Best of luck.   Although any good therapist should support you in doing what YOU want to do (well, ya know, within reason! & co-sleeping & BFing at 13 mos are well within reason.) Therapist should help you meet YOUR goals, and if co-sleeping & BFing until child-led weaning are your goals, (Among others, of course) they should...
Yea!! :) Congrats!   With my DS, I was GBS+ & had no time for antibiotics. In that case, standard protocol is to stay 48 hours, so I didn't try to fight that - although they had me lined up to walk out the door at 48 hours on the dot.   DD was born at 7:25 AM and I left the next morning around 11:00 AM or so. It wasn't a big deal. Strangely though, my Ped checked out DD the same day she was born in the evening, then said the hospital ped had to check her too -...
I live in Perry Hall & often go to the big park on Honego blvd (about a mile north of the WM mall.)  There are usually people there - even in not so great weather. Also often go to Chapel Hills nursery, which has a petty zoo & cool playground on Chapel rd (just off joppa & honeygo) -although the animals are "on vacation" until March 15.   Sometimes we take a trip up to Annie's Playground in harford county (not far off bel air rd, north of 152, not sure if that's...
I also had the impression the CS rate for twins was astronomical, but it's not. I think I read 50% of twins are born via CS in the US (so that means probably 50% of twin births ARE vaginal hospital births - since less than 1% of births are HB, they'll be a negligible contribution to the stats.) Yeah, that's high, but not THAT much higher than the 33% overall rate - and certainly not so high to make it an astounding anomaly. 
LOL, well, be prepared if Dr. Golstone says, "Well, it's slightly tied, I can clip it if you want." EXACTLY what he said to me. He said, "She's tied about a 5 or 6 on a scale of 1-10. It won't effect speech." When I asked where on that scale it starts to affect BFing, he said he doesn't know. Ugh. He said patients see Peg Merrill as a follow up, so he doesn't see them back. (she's the one who sent me to him in the first place...after I'd met with numerous other...
I'm willing to bet which MW it is you saw the last 2 visits....    I've heard she is very 'nurturing' when in labor. AND, considering the nurses are so awesome, that may also help a lot too if you end up with her. I was totally worried about getting her but I remember my doula being very supportive & saying, "We'll be there to support you & it'll be great no matter who is there - even if it were some OB!"    I'm curious what Lyn & Karen would say about the cEFM....
Quote: Yup. I'm thoroughly convinced that the quality of a hospital in general & L&D in particular are really just unrelated. I mean, Johns Hopkins Bayview is one of the top hospitals in the nation, according to US News & World Report, but just AWFUL for birth. (Well, awful if you are a healthy woman, that is! Probably good if you are the rare super-high risk.)   I birthed there 7/08 (Karen attended.) Not only did my DH catch, Karen told me in a prenatal when we went...
Hi Amy,   LOOONG story is here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1322313/is-my-daughter-happy-to-starve-dh-wants-me-to-supplement-with-formula   Basically, she was hanging on to the 5th percentile for weight through 3 mos, then 3-4 mos fell off the chart & gained only .33 oz per day over that month. To be fair, she gained a lot of length in that month, so she was still growing. Not only was she NOT showing signs of hunger (fussiness or lethargy), she was LESS fussy...
Quote in italics - my replies in bold. Some underlines added to emphasize original quote.    
I've heard good things about St. Joes. I believe my former doula even added their MWs to her list of practices she recommends in the area & she is a very tough critic on hospitals! I'm pretty sure MD General has the lowest CS rate in the hole Balt/Wash area! A friend of mine transferred there after problems with HB with Evelyn & was pleased with the care. I don't know a ton about it otherwise though. Dr. Theresa Hoffman at Mercy has a decent reputation, but a...