or Connect

Posts by anywaybecause

Can you use a broom handle or yard/meter stick to reach the clog? My Miele vacuum has a little thing that slides where the hose & handle meet. It creates an opening that's about 1/2" square, but it's enough to get a pen or something in there to dislodge any clogs. So maybe you're trying to open the clip the wrong way? Can you find the instruction manual online anywhere? Downloading that will be a lot cheaper than a trip to the "doctor".
Ooh, thanks for mentioning the Art Treasury . . . I've been looking for a good basic resource that's kid-friendly. I'll have to check it out.
I bought the Preschool/K/Early Elem level 10 Terrific Weeks set on the human body. With the exception of the fact that the kit included books on going to the doctor and the dentist for the first time, the set is pretty reasonable in what it covers & how it does it. It does include the internet-linked encyclopedia of the human body, which makes up for the other two . . .
The first time that happened to us (dds thought a long-haired boy was a girl) I just explained to them that boys can have long hair, just like girls can have sort hair. Easy-peasy.
Quote: Originally Posted by seashells Are you sure? I mean, I don't have the book in front of me but I thought they just each took a turn in the same water. While using the same water as another person doesn't sound exactly luxurious to me, it seems reasonable. Yes. We're reading Big Woods right now, and it struck me that they *didn't* reuse water from one person to the next. I would have expected that they would, but each person got fresh...
Do you keep the bedroom door closed? Perhaps you could leave it partially open, so the excess humidity will dissipate. Or maybe find a different spot for the humidifier -- one not so close to the wall that the humidity gets "trapped." Also, have you tried things like saline spray or saline gel for your dd? Perhaps applying moisture directly to the problem will enable you to decrease the amount of time the humidifier must run. The saline gel and sprays help me & my...
Maybe you just need to shift your expectations a little? You already mentioned that he's very bright . . . it's entirely possible that his learning style is just different from his sister's and that's going to mean he naturally does things differently, because he instinctively "knows" how he will learn best. Does he not like arts & crafts b/c he wants to do his own thing with the supplies? In my book, that's okay! In fact, I almost never "do" arts & crafts w/ kids ....
The *calendar year* that your dd turns 6, you'll notify the school district with a Letter of Intent and an education plan. Don't send it in until the summer before she would start school if she were going to public school. So, if she turns six in (for example) March, don't send the LOI in during March; send it in July or August. But if she turns 6 in October or November, you'll actually have to send your LOI in before her birthday (again, in July or August). You'll...
I agree w/ the pps. . . . and just want to add something. I have 6 year old twin girls. One of them can read at a 2nd grade level. The other is still emerging. It really is okay.
I agree w/ what ZanZansMommy said. AHEM is a great resource, and they should have links to local support groups, as well. Another great resource is www.mhla.org and they have a great page called "Information for Superintendents" which can also help *you* decipher the case law. Join a few MA-specific support groups and post questions about the Salem district there -- there will very likely be someone who had BTDT and can tell you what sort of attitude the Salem officials...