or Connect

Posts by MuslimMama

Quote: Originally Posted by EviesMom You're talking about unschooling the neighbor's children? I think you would run into regulation problems then. Your neighbor can unschool his/her children, submit all the paperwork, and you can babysit them, even if it's during "school hours." Some of it will be "educational" and the parent can use these things to do the paperwork. But I don't think you can unschool your neighbors children and submit paperwork for...
I am so excited about unschooling my neighbors kids, who I think would excel if given this ability! I also want to unschool my children (though they are only 2 and 3months right now). The problem is that we live in Minnesota where there are a lot of homeschooling restrictions and regulations. They require that the "teacher" has at least a bachelors degree (I dont, but my husband does- and for the record I think that is just the most ridiculous requirement!!!) Also, my...
Does anyone know what the laws are in MN for homeschooling? Are we required to register, follow a curriculum, etc? Any info would be very helpful! I am looking into "unschooling" my neighbors 6 kids. The family is Somali but kids were born and raised here. They are just not excelling in the public school system so we want to try and do something different. Thanks!!
or is it too late? i have no clueee how to start this... any help or advice would be great! btw- what "signals" do you use for an infant?
Does anyone know of any? and i so what language?
Mamas I need HELP!! DD is about 3 weeks old and DS is almost 2. He was pretty much night weaned until DD was born and now he has gone back to being almost exclusively breastfed. He wakes several times a night, which would be fine if it was just him, but the whole waking process and sleeping arrangement is causing lots of sleep deprivation and upset for him. DD will NOT sleep in a sleeper. I dont know if it is something I am doing wrong (cuz it seems like every other...
My baby is in a posterior position and I am over 39 weeks. I have tried to get her to turn, but so far she seems quite happy where she is. I have an AMAZING midwife who I am more than confident in. I know if anyone can get this baby to turn/ delivered normally she can. So I am not so much scared from that perspective, but just curious as to what lies ahead if in fact the baby doesnt turn until labor etc. I am interested in hearing from any mamas who went into labor with...
Quote: Originally Posted by blessed2bmommy DD was posterior. I had to be induced after two weeks. Was this because the baby was posterior?
My baby is in a posterior position and I am over 39 weeks. I have tried to get her to turn, but so far she seems quite happy where she is. I have an AMAZING midwife who I am more than confident in. I know if anyone can get this baby to turn/ delivered normally she can. So I am not so much scared from that perspective, but just curious as to what lies ahead if in fact the baby doesnt turn until labor etc. I am interested in hearing from any mamas who went into labor with...
ME! EDD is 21st June. Though I would LOVE to go early, my guess is I wont have this baby until around 40w 3 or 4 days...lol! just a guess