or Connect

Posts by mamaUK

I also do this, I make at least double quantity of what I'm cooking and we eat half that evening, and save the other half in the fridge for the following night so I don't even need to find suitable freezer containers. It saves money too!
Thank you for the book suggestions!Previous years, we have kept it very simple, clothing, a book for each child, some cute soaps, candy. I got them Lego to share last year which they haven't played with as much as I initially thought they might. The only decorations we use are a natural potted tree and we also burn beeswax candles which look so pretty. Any relatives get clothing or welly boots. I still find it a pressure though as they are getting older and I worry about...
Does anyone feel like they are forced to consume 'stuff' at Christmas? I hate the feelings that I have around this time of year, that I need to start getting ready for Christmas Day, by buying a certain amount of gifts for the children. We have minimal presents anyway and I purchase mainly useful items like pretty clothing etc that I know the girls will appreciate but I still hate the feeling I have of being 'forced' into buying things that the children don't desperately...
It sounds like you have it all figured out! I can't wait to actually move so we can start figuring out how it is going to work for us. My children are so used to having a room each and not sharing, I knew I had to make sure they each had there own bedroom in our new home. The third bedroom, which is for my four year old, is super tiny but I think it will fit a single bed and a tiny chest of drawers. We are considering a floor bed for this room as the room might get...
I'm looking forward to the challenge, but I'm kind of nervous too as I like clear surfaces/sides which is going to be a challenge in such a small space!
Thank you for your reply! I know what you mean about layout making it feel bigger then it actually is, 558sq ft house is layed out over three floors in a cottage townhouse, also there are three bedrooms so my daughters have a room each on their floor in the attic. We have an extremely small bathroom and kitchen though, I guess as most of the room is being taken up by bedrooms and living area. We're lucky to have a small garden which we're going to turn into a traditional...
There will only be one closet in my older daughters bedroom in the entire house and we also will simply have a shower and no bath. We do have three bedrooms though, so my two daughters will have their own space on their own floor in the attic. We're living in a bigger house currently so we really are downsizing...I feel excited because I love the idea of a tiny home but I know it's going to be challenging to make everything fit/decluttering enough to make the space work...
We're in the process of, hopefully, buying a three bedroom cottage built in 1900, arranged over three floors. It's 558 sq ft and we are a family of four! We're waiting for the survey to come back on the property at the moment. Thank you for your replies!
I wanted to hear from people living in small spaces with children and how you find it? Do you enjoy it? Hate it? Are you into simplicity/minimalism?