or Connect

Posts by mamaUK

Golilocks and The Three Bears- Retold and illustrated by Jan Brett: http://www.amazon.com/Goldilocks-Three-Bears-Jan-Brett/dp/0698113586     Just received this book now in paperback format. The illustrations are just gorgeous and very detailed. The bears are drawn quite realistically. I know the children are going to really like this book. I love the way Jan Brett had drawn bears on all the porridge pots and the furniture in the bears house have bears carved into...
After lots of research I have started the basket! Over the weekend I am going to post the ones I have found and had shipped to me...I thought it might be useful for anyone else making a fairytale book basket...
I shall check out the links, thank your very much! I actually ordered the Little Red Riding Hood you talk about here a few days ago, it has come through, is amazingly beautiful and i am Ok about the ending, but it is pretty intense LOL  
  Thank you for the tips!  
Hello! I would like to make a fairy tales basket for my girls. I am looking to buy individual books of each fairy tale. I find their little hands prefer to pick up/leaf through single books rather then one volume book of fairy tales. Please can you help me? Could you link to your favourite edition of a certain fairy tale? I would like to get a beautiful copy of Goldilocks And The Three Bears for my little girls third birthday at the end of march. And a copy of...
Hello! It sounds like you are already doing some wonderful things at home. We are also 99% TV free and we have really worked on reducing 'stuff' in our home over the past three or so years.We are a Waldorf inspired family and my older girls goes to a 'regular' school, so we incorporate many Waldorf values in our everyday life.  I write about our journey on my blog, but it is against the rules of these forums for me to post a link to it I'm afraid.   I would strongly...
A little soap a little water rub and scrub until the bubbles come     I *think* this came from Simplicity Parenting, the girls love looking out for the bubbles foaming and it actually makes them interested in washing thier hands!
We have a handmade german kitchen by a company called Norbert which you could try googling: here is a pic it it, it is very well made and had held up to 3 years of hard play so far!   http://www.flickr.com/photos/25641871@N08/3284849480/    Good luck in your search!
I love your cubby hole shelving and you baskets. It's really hard to thrift baskets in the UK but I have a waldorf school nearby and sometimes I can find second hand ones at there winter/summer fairs.... aswell as sheepskin rugs!
Thank you! ♥♥ It is almost four years in the making...