or Connect

Posts by mamaUK

Quote: Originally Posted by cat2116 Hi, I have a load of Sarah silks....and after about 2 years are still pretty sturdy...there is some signs of wear and tear...the silk fibers seperating etc but no holes or ladders....one thing that does annoy me though is a couple are stained and no matter what I do I can't get them out...so not to hijack the thread but does anyone have any tried and tested ways of removing stains from playsilks?? I would...
Quote: Originally Posted by boogiemonster Just wanted to chime in and see if you have art supplies handy. Perhaps some of your budget (pretty green about the amount you have to spend on toys! ) could go to high-quality art materials. I would make sure you have on hand: watercolour paints in primary colours watercolour paper and a good brush block crayons quality drawing paper modeling beeswax kite paper wool felt supplies for spool knitting...
Quote: Originally Posted by yukookoo the ones i dyed myself with kool aide and ordered on line at thai silks have lasted with no marks The two sarah silks I have which are rainbow as I have no idea how to dye that myself haha are very fragile. They have not torn or anything but they do have some damage. DD is 1 though so she still bites them and puts them in her mouth a lot and has lots of sharp teeth haha. Other than that though they should last...
Quote: Originally Posted by 3901sca I just made ours so can't speak personally about longevity. But silk is a really strong fabric. I'm really surprised you've got runs in yours...they must be really really thin. I ended up ordering 8mm silks after reading everything I could find about them, then just dyed them with koolaid. Worst case scenario could be that you return the whole set and dye your own. I did a set of 12 silks (2 of each color) in about...
My set of ten playsilks have just arrived (the brand is Sarahsilks) and they look so fragile! I was wondering do they survive heavy play from toddlers? After I unpacked my set of ten I realised that two already have to be returned (one had a hole in it and another was beginning to ladder and also had a small hole) This made me wonder how long they are going to last until the fine silk begins to ladder or/and holes in it. I was just wondering as they are so expensive it...
I was wondering does anyone on here blog about their day to life life?
Quote: Originally Posted by fluttermama I would add in a Lavendar Heavy Baby from Joy's....both of my kiddos absolute favorite Waldorf doll. I love the look of these, do you know if they are available in the UK?
Quote: Originally Posted by wagamama DS doesn't go to Waldorf (none in our area), but this thread caught my eye. And all I can say is heeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppp! Because I am trapped in the situation of playing make-believe games with DS all day long. It is all he wants to do, and he wants to do it with me. He doesn't like playing alone, is not happy when I'm cooking or cleaning (and doesn't have the attention span to help with those...
Quote: Originally Posted by counterGOPI heres our latest updated playroom pics: slightly decorated for fall..my m/s really slowed me down...
Quote: Originally Posted by PabloHoneySF Our play area for the kids is actually a side of the dining room off of the kitchen since they seem to want to play wherever I am . I'm a more than a little technologically challenged, so the pictures in the stream aren't in the right order, but I hope that you enjoy them. http://www.flickr.com/photos/28763427@N03/ oh my goodness these photos are just amazing, what a beautiful play space you have...