or Connect

Posts by mamaUK

I have just about got to the end of Alfie Kohn UP book and it has sort of knocked me for six a bit really. I understood alot of what it was saying, and agreed with it too (I've have never felt comfortable with the idea that children are 'trained' to be obedient and they are considered to be a 'good' child if they basically do exactly what they are told with no fussing, judging the child based on behaviour) While I understood what the book was saying about no praise, it...
Any Waldorf inspired/waldorf mamas use an unconditional parenting approach?
We have all wood/cloth etc apart from plastic play-doh cutters.
We have been on our Waldorf journey for 3 1/2 years now and I can't imagine what our family life would be like without it now. I have been blogging about our waldorf inspired life for about 18 months and really, I am only just scratching the surface of doing all the little important changes  I want for our family and i think our home will always be evolving as we continue with our journey.   I just wanted to say it takes time and to add things to your day really,...
I know I Have asked this before on here but I am still desperately searching for the style of frames seen here: http://waldorfmama.typepad.com/waldorf_mama/2010/10/corners-of-home.html  I remember last time I posted this question Nicole from Frontier Dream got back to me and to me that the man who made them at Nova Naturals has gone into retirement. I was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere I could buy some similar frames? I don't mind if I have to have them shipped...
Quote: Originally Posted by GranolaMum I have bought beeswax from here before - http://www.paynesbeefarm.co.uk/store...p-1-c-279.html. They are in West Sussex. HTH! Thanks so much for that link GranolaMum, I'm going to order some!
Quote: Originally Posted by boatbaby I have never worked with soy so I am not sure how easy it is... but I wanted to say that we re-use our beeswax over and over again to economize. I pour the candles into large mouthed tea cups or something like that and then scrape them out and re-melt when the candle is spent. I am forever scraping up bits of dripped beeswax from here and there and saving it. Also melting and re-making our ornaments too. Let us know...
Quote: Originally Posted by zoebird probably cheaper to make bees wax if you buy the wax in bulk. also, try to buy the most yellow-gold you can, as that is generally less expensive, has more scent, and--ultimately--cleaner for the air/environment. Thanks for the tip, I'm going to look around online and see what i can find in the UK!
We burn alot of candles in our home,during every meal. I can't afford beeswax candles all the time...So I burn regular candles...I'm concerned about toxins being burnt off so I would prefer natural candles. Can I make soya candles at home? Are they easy to make? Or would it be cheaper to make my own beeswax candles?