or Connect

Posts by martin18

Hi again, Amcal, just let me clarify something: Quote: Originally Posted by amcal I think it's hugely important not to make food an issue. Your child is so very young. But, you're also not a short order cook. I wouldn't intentionally make things he doesn't like but, I also wouldn't make separate meals. But, in your salad example, I think it would unfair to not make him a separate meal if you know you're preparing something he doesn't like. And...
Amcal, thank you also so much for responding! Some really great suggestions there that I just hadn't thought of. No, I slipped off the wholegrain track a while ago - only whole grain pasta and bread, a bit sporadically at that. Unfortunately DH and I are not great fans (but we have pretty healthy diets otherwise). But you are right, I will definitely step that up again. I love your idea for the rice casserole with invisible cauliflower. He might just go for that. I'll...
Robinia, I appreciate your response so much. I was getting desperate, and I know the post was too long! (Unfortunately can't see any way to change the title now, though, lol!) You are pretty much right about the list of foods that DS eats - but I would reiterate that it's only the starches that he consistently eats with no problem. All the other items are the source of conflict on and off , and he will never choose fruit or veg if there is a starch on the table. And he...
Hello girls, is this the right place for this thread? Please advise if it would be better off somewhere else! My son is on the verge of turning 4 years old, and I am at a loss as to how to approach the dietary problems that we have. I'm sorry this is so long, but I would really like your feedback based on our exact circumstances Character: Using the language of Mary Sheedy's Sprited Child, my son is very, very intense, very persistent, generally negative first...
I'm from Dublin! You're right - pronounced Leery!
laohaire (is there a "g" missing?!), you have convinced me!
Seashells, you're absolutely right about the manufacturing processes. Laundry - well, I never wash less than a full load (I'm more guilty of over-loading), so for me it would generate extra laundry, be it more, be it less. Biodegradability - I was just comparing TP to a diaper, which is what we most frequently substitute for cloth, because diapers take years to degrade. I wasn't saying that cloth was less degradable than TP, absolutely not. It's purely...
Hi there, sorry if this has already been covered, but it's such a long thread.... I think this is a really interesting idea, and I like to waste as little as I possibly can. But my one concern is all the electricity and water used to wash the cloths. After all, TP is infinitely more biodegradable than a diaper, even better if its non-bleached, recycled TP. And we are talking high temperature washes here. Any ideas on this? Thanks!
Thanks so much for your replies and your support. Puddle, the clinic basically tells me that because it hasn't been working for a while now, they want to take every possible obstacle off the list. I asked them about the low prolactin levels and they said that yes, medical understanding is that bfding affects fertility through prolactin, but we can't be 100% sure. Tenuous if you ask me when you're talking about something as big as weaning your child (of course they all look...
Hi, I know that this query is somewhat similar to others I have seen, but I don't want to hijack anyone's posts, so bear with me! I am still breastfeeding my 30 month old DS. I'm sure there's hardly any milk involved. It's just comfort and we both love it. I have also been suffering from mild depression for a while, and the closeness helps me so much. We nurse morning and night while reading (and at nap time on the weekends - I work full time). If it there were no other...