or Connect

Posts by mamaX6

Love all the suggestions. Our "journey" to a healthy household has taken a few years, but I think we recently crossed over completely. With that in mind, I thought I would add another suggestion that I did not see. We recently joined a buying club. A few years ago, this would have been very confusing, but now that we know what we like to eat (and why) the buying club is a HUGE $$$ saver! We have six kiddos and our budget is between $100.00 and $200.00 a week. We...
We had four girls when I found out I was pregnant with boy/girl twins. We had always joked that we dodged the circ bullet...... I told my husband that I would totally support whatever decision he came up with regarding our son. He went into complete research mode (he saw that Pen and Teller video, as well). My husband is circumcised (and we are from the midwest). He decided that there was no way he wanted to circumcise our little guy (I was so happy!!!). Just a side...
I hesitate to write this as not everyone agrees with what I am about to share. You should definitely check with someone you trust before you do this. I had an infection about 3 weeks ago. It came on fast and it completely knocked me out. I mentioned it to a friend, it spread like wildfire and I had everyone telling me that I HAD to go get antibiotics....including my "hippie" friends. Instead, I drank aloe vera juice and took a healthy amount of acidophilus. The next...
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! There is so much helpful information here and I am going to keep following. I feel better just knowing that anyone out there gets what I am trying to get my head around. I will try many, many of your suggestions. I do not know how to do that cool copy and paste thing, but the response about thinking you have help on the way and not getting it was brilliant! Sometimes I just "white knuckle" it until the time I am told someone will...
So, I have the best husband EVER. I honestly think he is the best human I have ever met. Best friends...all the good stuff. When I heard that parents of multiples had a higher divorce rate, I just knew inside of me that it did not apply to us. I feel so terrible even writing this and hope that someone will understand and help me get a little perspective. He does random "things" that benefit our family or make him a better person. IE: He has a big ole garden that I,...
My little guy has cradle cap or eczema. I think I am starting to get on top of it, but would be open to any suggestions to help him. I guess I am surprised to see him with it as none of my other five kiddos have had it....including, his twin sister. It amazes me that they were exposed to all the same things while inside of me and can be so completely different in terms of sensitivites. I use coconut oil and olive oil on him, often. I give him acidophilus, as well. So...
I love this thread. My husband and I were JUST talking about this very thing. I told him that I feel terrible that with our four older kiddo's I would just stare at them and wait for them to wake up. Sometimes I would sort of "encourage" them to wake up! I never had a "quiet" house for any of them....just sort of lived our wonderful life. Now I hear myself saying, "QUIET! DON'T WAKE THE TWINS!". What has happened to me? It is quiet now and it is actually hard...
We are DEFINITELY facing this exact situation!! Sometimes it seems like our girl sort of says go ahead and take care of dude man. He pretty much crys whenever he is not sleeping or being held. When we sleep he nurses and she spoons behind him with her hand on his head.....they are not even four months, yet. I, too, worry about her having all her needs met. We are so happy when it is quiet that we often don't pick anyone up even though we know that is a good time for...
My chiropractor did not think the Webster technique would work for turning my twins either (they were close to what yours are doing), but he tried and it worked!! I went 38 weeks and they did not turn until after 34 weeks. They were 8 lbs 6 oz and 7 lbs 7 oz so it was no small feat...or feet..hehe. I also wanted to VBAC and with them both head down that was possible (in the interest of honesty, I ended up with a c/s after pushing for 45 minutes due to numerous other...
Hopefully, there will be lots of responses to this thread as I am interested in any help, as well. We did not have the heart to put our 3yo out of our bed when the twins came (even though she had been happily sleeping in her own bed for a few months on and off). We also have our 18mo whipper snapper with us. We do have a king bed and a co-sleeper attached, but no one seems to like being in the co-sleeper, right now. Frankly, it feels like we are in a twin bed...