or Connect

Posts by pageta

Here is my chicken method for overcoming resistance: Start with the subjects they like best first. Get them into the groove with that, and then add the things that they don't like quite as much (like math, in your case) but do everything you can to make them easy and fun. There are days when my ds is adamant that he doesn't want to do school, but we start with a story (which he loves) and continue from there, and when we're done and I ask him if he had fun, he always says...
What do you want to do at home? Do you have studies they are missing out on becausse they are not at home? If so, then you need to choose between those studies and something else. Do you just want some downtime? Then schedule it in, with a priority attached to it. I understand how it can seem like you're in town all the time. We are not part of a co-op, which can be time-consuming. We do have one town day every week where we go to the library and the grocery store. Other...
Try easing her into it. Start with one subject, and that's all you do for the day. Then after a couple days, add another subject. We eased into homeschooling that way, and I am so glad I did. It took the pressure off me. I am sure if I had sat down and tried to do all the subjects with him in the beginning like the first day of school, it would have been a shock to the system. Start with something you know she likes, and go from there. With ds, it was a chapter book that I...
Quote: Originally Posted by 2boyzmama Every time I eat something, I think "I might have to throw this up later" because I'm a puker in labor. I had those thoughts for two weeks...and I ended up not puking during labor at all. I did with my first, but now with my 2nd and 3rd. That thought about drove me crazy, though.
Our son is in cub scouts, and he is homeschooled and six years old. I would appeal up the ladder. He is in school, he is the correct age to be in first grade, there is no reason why they shouldn't accept him. Mostly, remind them of the disappointment he is going to experience at this point due to their decision. If they don't have any heart in this situation, they shouldn't be running an organization like this.
My water broke and I had no action so I was facing induction. I had (thankfully!) already scheduled an acupuncture session for induction (I wanted her to be born on her due date - 9/9/9, but the closest date I could get for the acupuncture was 9/8/9). I ended up having the baby four hours after the acupuncture session ended (so missed my target due date) but didn't have to do castor oil or hospital induction. I could feel the needles (they wanted me to be able to feel...
I was finally able to sleep in bed (vs. in the recliner with baby in a sling on my chest) for the past two nights and I can finally see my ankles. I know sitting made it worse during pregnancy. Perhaps all that "resting" on the couch day and night slowed its disappearance after pregnancy.
Congratulations! My baby was 8 lb 12 oz, and though I am 5'6" (not as small as you), she was quite a job to push out. Enjoy your new baby!
First was over 24 hours of contractions 2 minutes apart, though I was still 3 cm after the first 12 hours. Ended up with pit, epidural, episiotomy. Second was just shy of 6 hours from when contractions hit, starting at 2 minutes apart, to when baby was born. No prior warning other than a little bloody show over previous 48 hours. All natural. Waterbirth. Third was 3 hours of active labor. Started shortly after noon with light cramping (after acupuncture for induction)....
Baby was born 9/8/9 and my feet are swollen more than they were during pregnancy (and I did have trouble with swelling from 20 weeks on). When does this end? Will it ever? I am so tired of having swollen feet and fingers. My feet are so swollen they look like little tubes with toes on the end instead of feet. I did a search online and read that swelling like this after birth is often associated with epidurals and IVs during labor. I had neither. My labor was 3 hours or...