or Connect

Posts by MorgnsGrl

Maybe try heating up a heavy pot with a lid (not to a super high temp) and then put a dish towel in the bottom of it, wheat bag on top of the towel, then the lid on?
Ditto, to the nth degree. We've made multiple driving trips to Canada for vacations, crossing the border at multiple locations, DH, DS and I, all with passports each time. Only ONCE was the US border guard friendly and pleasant - each of the other times, the border guards were accusatory to the point where I was on the verge of a panic attack by the time the questioning was over. One wanted to know why we'd brought a computer with us if we were "on vacation" like we...
I always feel a little weird talking about this because it seems so personal to discuss the details of family members' penises! (Penii?)   My DH is intact, as is our son. (DH's brothers and dad are also intact. FIL was born in an area of the country where there were many Scandinavian immigrants and this was normal there.) SIL and BIL's son is intact. My brother's beautiful son, who died of a terrible brain cancer almost 4 years ago, was also intact - although my...
We do vaccinate our indoor cats, but only for rabies (required by law) and distemper. Our current kitty is 14 and has asthma. At this point, we only give her the distemper vacc every three years, and are careful to schedule the rabies vacc so that she only has to have that every three years as well. We don't give her both in the same year, to minimize the possibility of reactions.
I wouldn't be offended, but I know there are people (not ones that I know personally, as far as I know) who WOULD be offended.   I like to cook and would like to bring a food contribution to a potluck wedding, unless I had to travel far to attend the wedding, in which case it would probably turn into a stressful thing where I'd worry about keeping the food properly cool/hot.
Hi Amy,   (I'm an Amy, too.) We lost my beautiful nephew to a diffuse intrinsic pontine glioma several years ago. It's a horrible, horrible cancer. I'm so sorry about your friend's son. Have they looked into the Burzynski clinic in Texas? My nephew received treatment through there and we believe it bought him some good time.
When alone with Rich Friend - "Geez, I'm worried about Poor Friend. She's really struggling financially and she can't afford those boots that Billy really needs. His feet are bothering him and I think she feels guilty. Is there any chance, if I could scrape together enough money, you'd be willing to go half and half with me and buy him a pair as a gift? Or maybe you could sell me one of your DS's used pairs to give to her? I don't have any extra room in my budget to just...
Hi! I have a 10 year old DS in public school in MA and we haven't had any problems with his unvaccinated status. I wrote up an extremely brief statement letter when he first started school that included a quote from the law and handed it in to the school nurse. No trouble since. This summer all the parents of kids going into 4th grade were told that the school needed updated vax records, so I changed the date on my original letter and sent it in a second time. Again, no...
Yes, this. My son is 10 and we've told him since he was small that Grampy died when he was a baby, that he had a sickness called alcoholism and that he couldn't stop drinking alcohol and all the alcohol he drank was so bad for his liver that he died (because you need a liver to live! Just like you need a heart and a brain, etc.) He isn't too scared of alcoholism because my MIL has been in recovery for many many years (much longer than DS's life) and she is open about it...
I spotted off and on throughout the first half of my pregnancy with DS, who was born full term and healthy. I'm thinking good thoughts for you!