or Connect

Posts by _ktg_

My map this year despite my attempts to create a poster has ended up to be a list of handwritten intentions which I made when starting on my map.   Funny how maps turn out, this one is bare bones, but each time I've try to sit down and put together my cut out images, words and etc, it has not come together and has felt forced.    2012 I believe will be one very interesting year!
I'm glad to hear I do not need to be a seamstress to try and darn/patch jeans!  I think I was feeling overwhelmed in reading the manual and it had already been a long day, so bam!  I hit my wall of emotion in feeling like a possible failure at sewing. Also my horrid memories of home ec were coming back to haunt me.  I'm going to order my machine from Amazon (i liked the reviews for it and the number of them which were positive) and return the machine I bought at jo-anns...
  for April's thread!   And welcome Mommy2Austin!! And I love your insights on how everything is manifested out of love! It rings quite true with me. Good luck on researching the celtic Pagan path, it sounds like fun!     DOK - I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it's a simple issue such as a trapped plastic bag   LM - I have been away from the group too long, if you're in your 3rd trimester already!  Here's to some easy vibes and some restful...
You're not missing any areas!!  Home, hobbies and careers are just refinements of these general topics.  Typically I'll put home related items around the family square, because my home & my family are intertwined - like Happy Home = Happy Family.   Hobbies I'll slide under creativity or self-knowledge depending upon the context, is it something I want to learn or seek or get a boost to challenge myself creatively?    Finally career can fall under 8 work or sometimes 1...
Riding the energy from this thread into creating my TM.  This year has been funny for leading up to TM time, as I have not physically decluttered my house much (well except for the desk) , but I've been focused on letting go of unhealthy relationships and people and growing new & more positive relationships.  My phrase I've used with my DH over the past month is: we just need to let it go and not engage.    I've got tomorrow off from work to start on my TM, but I'm...
Hey everyone!  Just popping in to say I've missed you all dearly and life has been quite crazy with other commitments.  I know some of you have asked about the kefir grains I posted about last month and I swear I will respond.  I'm involved in the PTA at DS' school and woo-boy it's a doozy of a group and I'm also working on helping start a non-profit foundation to assist in providing more funding opportunities and materials for his school.  It's maddening and fun all the...
Hey Gals - if anyone is interested I have a surplus of milk kefir grains!   I can ship them via mail as I dehydrated the grains which makes for easier shipping & storage    Vy - my containers are little ones like this: http://www.homedepot.com/Outdoors-Garden-Center-Plants-Bulbs-Trees-Seeds/h_d1/N-5yc1vZbx85/R-100349756/h_d2/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10053&langId=-1&storeId=10051  Also I've been collecting my plastic apple containers & berry boxes to just fill with a...
For this year - I'm trying everything!  Onion, cukes, squashes, peppers, corn, pumpkins, tomatoes, lettuce, kale, beans, peas, carrots, brussel sprouts, lots of my herbs (parsley, cliantro etc), flowers (mostly periannuals, maybe some annuals), and even some grasses I want to plant on my southside to give me a bit more privacy for the yard.  I just need to plan the rotation of what I need to start sprouting now for early spring planting/harvesting, to summer planting,...
Merry Meet Everyone You have reminded me I need to put this book on hold at the library.    Anyone else getting excited about starting their garden?  I have to finish picking out my seeds and then off to the garden store for starter materials (soil, peat moss etc) as I've been collecting plastic containers to serve as small greenhouses for my seeds (apple packs, berry packs, milk cartons etc).  My poor kitchen table is about to be taken over in March with all the seeds...
I'm surpised but not at the same time.  She is one who really does push "whatever works for you is right" or at least that is a theme I've picked up in reading 2 of her books. I'll confirm it after cracking open the one I just checked out from the library. I know in Natural Witchery, she recounts an experience she had in taking an advanced circle casting class and the Wiccan instructors got down on her about lack of hand gestures etc instead of feeling her casting her...