or Connect

Posts by _ktg_

Here, here!!!  It's definately time to break out the bubbly and celebrate this opening of this resource & forum!        wait I think I'll need 2 (one for each hand!)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY to everyone & their little (and not so little) ones this week!     Maia - I want that recipe for cake and I hope you enjoy the episode of PAN AM!! I love that show - it's such a fancy!    Lioness -  I know that feeling (re: cleaning!), but perhaps it's for the best that a clean sweep is happening!  I hope you can take it easy and stay healthy with this pregnancy.  Pizza?  I'm so sorry for your tummy   Gun - glad to hear you had...
  I too would like to know what exactly is meant by this.  I consider "too bad" to be words to describe some of the other changes to this community such as the folding of the magazine, or the gaffs with regards to facebook.     This change is being asked by a part of the community to be a positive resource for women who are faced with this option.  I think that's a good thing.      
I'm still reading "A Woman's Book of Meditation, Discovering the Power of a Peaceful Mind"  It has been a pleasant read, though slow in working through the process of meditation (including warm-ups and stretching)   I will say one thing - it has made me more concious of my hips and the amount of tension/emotion I carry in them and I'm working on more hip-releasing stretches & poses to release a lot of that energy.    Right now I'm focusing on meditating during...
Clay - I have that problem with my cats and we take the clippers (the same DH uses for his beards) and shave out the mats/dreads when they get that bad. We used to just do it with scissors and that was super scary for me and I love using the clipper more for the spot areas.   Otherwise we use a curry-like comb which does an amazing job of brushing out the undercoat and hair from our 4 kitties.  None of ours likes anything to do with grooming (including clipping the...
This is so very very frightening especially in the wake of the numerous state laws which have been put into place with regard access to reproductive medicine particularly abortions.   I'm more terrified of the Mississippi proposed bill which goes to defining "personhood"  in that a fertilized egg is now given all rights a person since it appears to go up against the thrust of the Roe v Wade decision made by the courts.   As an individual who studies bioethics...
Clay -  Read up on Tracy's Blog particularily the articles Virgo Magic, Chiron & Neptune, Taurus Full Moon & Neptune Turns Direct.   Lots of action happening in the stars right now, lots!  There is a balancing act happening and a push/pull which I think in the end will mean growth for folks.  Just in what form it will come in or how far it will push an individual is ... well up to them.   I'm getting curious to see how the world is once Neptune enters Pisces...
Yay for tea recommendations!  OMG I just got done drooling at the Love & Tea site.  So lovely!   Please keep them coming!  The most I came up with was Tazo and Mighty Leaf as I haven't been buying tea lately.   Vy - I feel reassured to read your words!  I'm hopeful as this person is a fellow working mom (our DHs know each other through a local SAHD group) and we've hung out before have similar interests and I think stresses & worries too.  Still though I feel nervous...
Gun!!! Welcome back lady!  Love your picture!  How the hey are you doing?     DOK - Glad you checked in, I was getting a wee worried and I hope you are able to take it easy.  Give yourself time to heal (on so many levels), but physically first.  I remember after my first CS how little I could do without getting winded & tired, but each day got a little better. Your surgery was far more invasive than that. I'm keeping you in my thoughts!   Maia - I love the french...
So far what I've come up with feels a little like BOS stuff but I really need it more at my finger tips:   So the category title is spiritual with the following: Mealtime blessings House Blessings & Nighttime Prayers/Requests Print out of the phases of the moon (and DATES!) - since it always seems to catch me off guard to look up and voila - it is a full moon!   I love the idea of home preserving as I have all my recipes for that in various ball &...