or Connect

Posts by Basylica

Yep, me too. I'm in IT anyway....so i'd be ok never being around any people when it came to shopping etc. LOL. I actually applied for a ING acct once and was rejected because I had bad credit. WTH? evil. my guy is pretty cool....at this point I call him up and say "move 10 over will ya?" and it's done. I don't have to go in....but since i'm a major googler and resercher, it was nice to walk in and have someone answer questions specifically. It was a good exp, and I seldom...
I bank with chase and I don't *think* there was a limit, but might have been. I intially invested 20K last summer in may, and added another 10 around oct/nov. I've got 1500 in interest right now already and it's been under a year. my broker put me into a "low risk/low reward" senario, but I think 1500 is awfully good. Surely better than the 16 dollars I made ALL year on my savings! I just walked into Chase and asked to speak to their investment guy and he was great. My...
The poop itself won't, but I worked insane hours and my ex was useless and I often didn't get around to diaper wash for 3-4 days at a time. I'll warn you now...ABX poop *will* mold and the mold will eat away at hemp or cotton diapers and inserts. I ruined a few diapers that way accidentally. Funny enough the pul pocket diapers are fine.   I was not only working insane hours and had NO help around the house with anything (I did all the cooking, cleaning, shopping,...
Most of the gurus suggest you have atleast 6m of salary in savings/EF once you are debt free. I've got less than a year's salary in savings, however I only need about 1/3rd of my salary if I were to lose my job. So between unemployment, savings, and child support (and not needing to pay daycare) I could probably pay my bills for around 3yrs on my current savings.   The low number EF is to give you a buffer so you don't fall back on credit (with interest!) incase...
I'm more in your situation....I make good money now and after my divorce (cost me about 30K when I was still only making about 40/yr) and the debts I racked up I finally started putting money away. I have no CC debt, I didn't goto college so I don't have any student loans. Right now I owe on a car - but I'm actually doing that on purpose because I'm trying to rebuild my jacked up credit from said divorce (was like 90 days late on mortgage 2x I believe?....either that...
DO NOT absorb into spending! Its like losing weight, it's always easy to put on but murder to take off. Same with spending....once you get used to extra cash it'll be gone in a flash.   What I do is everytime I have more excess $$ I up my auto savings transfer. so like 5 years ago I was making 45k and going through nasty divorce where I was coughing up 3K every few months (still have no idea how I managed that!) when I got raise to 55k + yearly bonus I started...
I make almost double for 1 adult 2 kids, not incl my CS.... my ex on the other hand makes about liveable for 1 adult (not minus his CS) and lives with his folks. LOL.
Yep, decided to do that. Signed up male coworker and his 3 kids plus mine. And we *finally* made a playdate thing for the kids to meetup next weekend ON my son's bday. very exciting since we don't do birthday parties...we normally just do something "fun" and cake.   I did math and if I paid for all of us to go (only way coworker could really afford it. hes very broke) it would be 80 bucks for tickets! so one visit and its nearly paid for. plus now he can take his kids for...
lol....I've been single for 5yrs and we were married for 4.5 and dated for like 2 years before that.   I still have that fear. At this point I am rocking the single mom gig. I have money in the bank, I'm wicked smart and a hard worker, I bake and cook like a mofo, I am a 34DDD, and I am not terrible looking. if and when I come across a man who can match me in intelligence and drive and is fun and good looking then i'll go running. Until then i'm not going to...
My kids adore animals and I was traveling quite a lot and wasn't a good idea for us to have a pet (I kept killing betta) zoos can be kinda pricey.   Often we'll go to the pet store and spend a few hours playing with the kitties and puppies and staring at the fish and lizards.   The kids love some of the local malls. one in particular has a cool water feature with ducks and turtles and these weird pyramid shaped things the kids all like to slide down and run up....