or Connect

Posts by hislittlelambs

thank you guys SO much! the links were extremely helpful and I now feel confident to keep nursing through it. The article on conscious sedation was especially helpful as I know that is the type of anesthesia they plan on using. I also found it interesting that they usually send home the same type of pain killers for post op c-section mama's! thank you again!
Hello! I used to post quite a bit when I was pregnant with babes # 3 and #4 (went on to have wonderful happy homebirths because of these forums!) Now, I need help with my daughter. She turns 1 year in a couple weeks on November 18th. a little background: We've had a great nursing relationship. Exclusively nursed until the intro of selected solids, and a brief few day period when she was 4 months and do to an injury and radioactive testing, we had to supplement formula...
we are active duty air force on tricare prime insurance. tricare WILL cover HB, it can just be funny to work thru all the red tape. If you stay determined and don't talk to just any person on the tricare phone (most people just assume it isn't covered and will argue it! gotta ask for a manager and work your way up the chain in tricare to find someone who really KNOWS) some people have had full coverage for thier HB with tricare prime. (we had two HB's covered with...
i think you're right om girl...the more research i do on baby acne and the more pics i see, the more i think this fits it than heat rash...(i could never understand why only her face but not other parts of her body that would obviously be hot too...like her inner thighs for example)....at least now i don't have to worry about overheating so much.
no. its not cradle cap, although she seems to be getting some of that a bit on her eyebrows... it resembles heat rash, or maybe just newborn acne....here are some photos. these dont show it very well as i took these inbetween flareups: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91447429@N00/?saved=1 the first two shots its on her cheek... the second two shots (with her "born at home" tee) you can see the bumps on her cheek and neck as well.
Coyote- thank you SO much for that link! it has everything on it that i questioned, VERY HELPFUL! *sends big hugs* I am not sure it isn't viral..very well could be as i do believe we had a stomach virus/stomach flu to begin with...but it acts funny... it is only on her head, neck, scalp and ears, not her torso or body. it is raised from the skin, pink/red, and comes to little pin point whiteheads. it worsens with heat, and lightens when we strip her down. she...
add me please..and i'm with titania..i have an account there already, but am having a hard time "getting it"...i'm not sure how to do much of anything yet, who can read what or post what...etc.
all my babies have been your typical waking every 2-3 hours (every 1-2 hours during a growth spurt) sleepers/eaters. ds didnt sleep more than 2 hour time slots until 10 months old when we began supplementing at night. i am not doing that this time. it wrecked havoc on my family, and i have to homeschool my older two and we are moving to germany next month as well. we have tried giving charlotte a bottle 3 seperate times and she hasn't taken to it yet...which is okay...
diaper bags- we have the Classic Rock one from here: http://dadgear.com/gear_main.cfm?ID=2 and we love it! slings- i have a sleepy and couldn't live without it, haven't tried a moby though. we've all been sick..terribly sick. stomach flu that lasts a week, is gone a week, then comes back for round 2....dd#2 was in the ER for throwing up blood caused by tiny tears in her stomach caused by the intense vomiting. thankfully, only she got it THAT bad...but yes, me and...
i always assumed it was my organs migrating back to thier original positions. the things they DON'T tell you about in those pregnancy/baby books!