or Connect

Posts by Flor

My kid is a hoarder ,too. This summer he was really wanting new Legos so he had a toy sale. We put up some posters around the neighborhood and I invited some friends of mine who have kids younger than him. He made $96! A friend had invited two daycare providers and they bought a lot.  Later I took a few bigger things to the consignment shop (hotwheels set, dinosaur toys, and a Leaptser) and he made another $32. He was totally happy and his room looked so much better. Dh...
Well, just came on here in tears about my 8 year old. These stories are making me feel a bit better. We are discussing seeking a family counselor because I just feel like I don't know how to parent him. One thing that seems different for us is that he does not want independence. He is nervous about so many things-- freaked out about a birthday party today-- but at the same time he is being needy, is being so mean to his family, too. We have a very easy 16 year old, so...
Dh went down and signed up our then 14 year old for Tae kwon do-- wish I were there because he locked us into a 2 year contract (to get the best monthly rate). Dss is almost a black belt now, but he's also in varsity sports and has started to hate his martial art since he can't take a break (well, he can, but we still have to pay).  If I were to do it over, I'd probably start him off at the Y or parks and rec.
Jbk21-- some people have luck with icecream. My diabetes educator said it's because of the fat and some protein in it slows the digestion.  If you check the boxes, some have 15 carbs for 1/2 a cup. If you are looking for baked goods you get into artificial sweeteners.   I also use Diabetic Living magazine. They use more whole foods/smaller portions than I've seen with many diabetes magazines. They have a lot of desserts, though many are 30 carbs, and I try to keep it...
If you do want to skip the 3 hour and go straight to treatment, it is more complicated than just cuting sweets. I do fingerpricks 4x a day. It takes a while to understand what your body can eat. I get 15 carbs at breakfast, 15 snack, 30 lunch, 15 snack, 30 dinner. From day to day my body reacts differently. Somedays the same meal gives me high blood sugar, the next day it is fine. Even following the diet perfectly, I had to go on insulin because my fasting numbers (the...
Anais, Luz, and Astrid-- so cute to me but to dh sound like anus, loose, and ass-turd.
I think it is cute, but I seem to know a ton of Esmes right now. Also, I teach English as a second language so I have an Esmerelda-who-goes-by-Esme every year. My son is 8, but I recently found out there is a vampire in Twilight with his name, too-- Caius. I think it's ok though. Not the main characters.
I've had 4 ultrasounds in 2 weeks (non stress test) and babe has been in a different position each time-- transverse, head down, transverse, breech.
I have seen stars a few times. I also have GD and proteinuria I'm not on pre-e watch because I have low BP. I always just thought it was my low BP. Could it have been low BS? Doesn't hurt to call.
I have also been eating more a lot more fat than usual. I've been doing this a month and I'm still down about 3 lbs. from when I started. So much for gaining a pound a week.   I really just count total carbs for meal/snack and try to make sure there is protein in there, but I haven't been tracking protein. For a snack I can eat 15 carbs, but if I eat 15 carbs of grapes, I know that makes my blood sugar go crazy, so obviously, just looking at carbs isn't quite enough....