or Connect

Posts by Flor

I also think that adults sometime impose their idea of magic and imagination on children and have a vision of what it looks like-- knights, fairies, talking animals, etc. I think DS was always fasinated by the magic in real life-- water evaporating into steam, sponges sucking up water, yeast/flour/water turning into bread, music coming out of wooden things, eggs hatching, numbers adding up, tall towers falling, items floating and sinking, two colors making a third. . . ....
Jbk21-- I failed the 1 hour with 147, and I am by no means borderline (though, I know that test is unreliable and people with higher numbers do go on to pass the 3 hour). I think we just caught it early. My fasting numbers are rising and I'm on insulin now.
  Dh has had sole physical custody since dss was 3, but she has two other younger kids and she had them about 50/50. After all this, the little boys' dad has sole physical custody of them. But, everytime a court date comes up, I still feel like the judge sees that as something that happened in the past. He is always very interested and gives weight to the fact she is NOW in counseling, now in AA, now in more court mandated parenting classes (even though she was in all...
And jbk21-- my numbers are really all over the place too. I think that is just part of having GD. If i didn't have it I'd expect less movement. There are days I eat the exact same thing as the day before (leftovers!) and my numbers are completely different. It isn't just about food affecting bloodsugars, though, hormones, sleep, stress, etc. What time I test, if I sleep in, these all affect my bloodsugar. I will say though, I have never had 190! The highest I've ever...
Jbk21--I am no medical professional at ALL, but your numbers aren't sounding so "borderline" (Not to freak you out, of course, just you did fail the test and your blood sugars aren't steady, so. . . .) I test at one hour. As I understand it, some people do one hour and some do two, but it seems like us one hour testers are supposed to be under 130 and the two hour testers are supposed to be under 120.    I have worked some desserts in, but I have them either...
In my state (CA) CS is really just a computer program where they input parents' incomes and out pops a number. If there is a change in income, the CS can be reduced usually. We don't make up the CS number. Is it similar there? In that case, if he really does need a reduction, he could file for one. He might just feel like its too much, when really its in line with similar incomes in your state. I also agree with continuing to collect and saving it for your daughter if...
As Aricha said, the child support part of our case is handled by the child support agency. It's very cut and dry-- a computer program determines the amounts and you take problems with payment to them, not to the judge. They often set up some sort of automatic deposit, or checks made out to them sort of thing.   
Oh, man, do our DHs have the same X? First of all, if she does take you back to court, doesn't that case have to take place in the state where your case began? Not California? California (we live here) also mandates mediation before any court date. DH's ex sounds very similar, but inspite of that, we've only actually gone to court once in the last 10 years. After 12, judges do consider the child's wishes, but that isn't the main factor in determining custody. Judges...
EDD: 11.11.11 Name: Jennifer Age at conception/delivery: 34/35 Location: California How long it took: It was a surprise! What number child: 2 + a DSS Family: DH, DSS (16), DS (8) Baby's gender: A girl! Names: It's will be a secret once we figure it out Birth plans: Hospital birth, I have a few complications, just hoping to not be induced early this time  
Also wanted to add, that my OB is in no way freaking out over the diagnosis. She keeps telling me "This is normal pregnancy stuff" like a cheerleader, even though I'm freaking out. She isn't planning any changes to the birth other than checking baby's blood sugar after birth.