or Connect

Posts by Flor

My DS is 8 and has been in a private Montessori since he was 3. I think the kids get to be creative in different ways. They don't play kitchen, but even the two year olds are making and serving orange juice and slicing and passing out bananas to each other. They don't play "house" but they really do get to polish silverware and wash chairs (one of my son's favorite activities when he was in primary). There is just so much real stuff to do during the school day (real...
Thaesan83-- seems like you will still catch that upward climb in numbers (if it continues) testing every three days. That is exciting to test less!   Anyone on medication/insulin? I'm supposed to start night time insulin next week. My fasting is inching up from 80's ten days ago to 95-105 the last few days.  The nurse told me that pregnant women have to do isulin injections because there are no oral meds approved in pregnancy. On another site I noticed a lot of mom...
My fasting numbers are also 90-100, so I go learn to give myself insulin injections next week. They are saying probably just at bedtime at this point. I've lost about 4 pounds in the last 10 days, so that is worrying me, too.   My biggest worry last week was exactly as you described-- taking the baby away and not letting us get started on breastfeeding right away. I posted that question somewhere (maybe a different website) and everyone responded that the blood sugar...
The 3 hour test is not fun at all, but I'm glad I did it and found out that I have it. Hopefully, it won't affect the baby since we caught it early, and have been monitoring like crazy!
What others have said-- if you were trying to buy insurance yourself on the individual market, it would be a pre-exisiting condition (actually even my husband could not get insurance recently because I was pregnant-- no expentant PARENTS could even apply), but under group insurance at work it is not a pre-exisiting condition.
My OB told me that pregnant women should drink 8 liters of water a day = about 32 cups! I think she must be doing the math wrong or maybe she means pints. That would be 32 trips to the bathroom for me.
The diet has been hard on me. My staples-- fruit, milk, brown rice, lentils, ww pasta, crackers, homemade bread, sweetened yogurt-- gone! Some people can handle small portions of those foods, but not me. I'm eating a lot of meat, cheese, and fats because I'm losing weight. I guess I also judged women with GD before this, too. It seemed like everyone I knew who had it was overweight and ate a lot of processed foods. Now that I have it, all these healthy thin people are...
Once you can do a basic stitch you can do simple little hats. Basically knit a square, fold in half and stictch up the sides. Actually looks cute on a baby. I learned from a book that was aimed at teens. I found it had the simplest explanations. I also go to youtube for any thing I can't figure out.
I didn't have them at all with my first pregnancy ( or didn't feel them anyway), and I haven't felt any with this pregnancy (29 weeks). It might freak me out if I suddenly started feeling them!
Mine was 147 and I then failed the 3 hour. Sorry to go off topic for a bit, but you know what drives me crazy? The idea that there is "GD mom"!  The only thing that bothers me about this diagnosis is that people will say they don't eat sugar, or they eat super healthy so they know they don't have it. Even my doctor said, "But you are so thin!" The endocronolist says it really has nothing to do with this. It is genetic mostly (my dad has type 2) but really it just has to...