or Connect

Posts by macha10

I know a source of chicken pox, and I would really like to have my three-year-old exposed to it. I also have a 14 month old. Do you think she is too young to get the chicken pox? I am really having a hard time deciding on this. I don't want to miss my chance for my 3 y.o. to get it, especially from someone that I know, but I don't know how hard it will be on my little one. Any thoughts? Advice?  
I am in Ohio too, and I wrote for "reasons of conscience, per Ohio Revised Code #...." on the opt-out form
We see a family doc. (I had a homebirth). He never gives us a problem about not vaxing, never asks about it, and probably prefers that we don't. We usually take the kids in a month late and then skip the next appointment. For instance we just took our 7-month-old in, she hadn't been seen since maybe 2 months, and will go again at one year. (He suggested we skip the 9 months). I do take her to this abbreviated well baby visit schedule, so that we have someone we trust....
Hi everyone, I have a 4-month-old, and would really like to go back to Weight Watchers. Breastfeeding is NOT helping me lose weight like everyone says. I am 50 lbs overweight, and I am hungry all the time and eat to satisfy myself. As I said, I really want to lose weight, but I am scared about losing my milk supply. It is already low, and I have to supplement my little girl with 7 ounces of formula a day. I have tried everything to increase supply. supplements,...
I need advice...please help I am preparing new prefolds for the new baby, and I don't remember how to do it. I know they should be washed several times. Is this in hot water? And do I have to dry them between each wash to get full absorbancy. I think that last time around I may  have dried them after every second wash, but I can't remember for sure. And do covers need to be washed that much....I assume not?  Thanks for any help!                
I can't advise on the shoulder dystocia part. But I do know that late ultrasounds are not very often accurate for determining size of baby. He could actually be 7 lbs or something normal. I also am not sure how the diabetes plays into it. Personally, I would avoid a c-section at all costs, and would not agree to one in this case. As I understand it dystocia is pretty rare. But let's see what some more experienced mamas say.
Here's how this issue boils down for me. In the grand scheme of things, I don't care if this Wakefield guy falsified data. I don't care if the study was good. I don't even care if vaccines contribute to autism or not. I STILL will not vaccinate my children, for plenty of other reasons. Autism is not my only reason. And I am so sick of the media and the so-called "experts" out there telling the public that we crazy non-vac parents don't vaccinate only because of autism....
My SIL and cousin lent me a bunch of maternity clothes, which is wonderful. Unfortunately they smell like strongly perfumed detergent. I use 7th generation, planet or some other clean/natural detergent, and I can't stand this smell. I just don't want it on my body, or in my closet. Is there any way to get this smell out? I have tried washing the clothes two times, but the perfume is still there. Any advice?
I go to my MW until 36 weeks. For every visit after, she comes to my house
I have a lot of questions today - sorry! I am confused about due dates...big surprise. It's sort of hypothetical, because the different ways to calculate don't result in very different dates. And my midwife isn't going to argue with me over dates.... But I am still baffled by this. I calculated my due date by both Naegele's rule (I believe this is the standard way, based on LMP) and the EDD is Jan 25, 2011. And I calculated by Prem rule - EDD is Jan 27th. But...