or Connect

Posts by AustinMom

I really like what you said and I think it's great that you can be honest with yourself and real with the way you feel.  A birth experience is so personal to the mother, and it's really her who should be defining it.     Very true.  :)  
My scar is still kinda numb.  It took me a long time till I was even able to look at it, let alone touch it.  The thought of it was stomach turning.  For me, it was all about how I felt about my scar.  For a while, it was the representation that I had 'failed' my HBAC.  And I hated it, and didn't want it there and I was saddened by it.  Then it was the evidence of my kids' births and the trauma and the pain that went with that.  I was angry towards it and felt guilt. ...
Bolding mine of course.  What would be wrong with just saying this?  I've had a lot of people tell me after feeling the majority of my 2CS (parts I wasn't supposed to), screaming on the table, having DD taken to NICU for a week, etc. tell me 'Well, all that matters is she is here and healthy', and I've said, 'Well, no, that's not all that mattered to me, and it was really hard, and I really wish it would have been different in a variety of ways.'  I can't express the...
I haven't check-in for a while so this is really long :)   I'm so glad that your second CS was more positive.  I think being a player and making decisions along the way is very important, and It's good to know that you were still able to be involved.  I'm glad you had that role. :) I don't know much about cervical extensions, but I could see how an OB could be relating it to the risks of a uterine rupture.  I'd definitely ask them why they deem it too risky to VBAC now,...
I've always thought and said that woman should not choose any of her birth choices out of fear.  I was wrong.  I was oh so wrong.  While I do believe that fears do make us choose things that are maybe not rational, they are real.  They are very real.  I hope this isn't interpreted as 'If you choose _______ then you chose the not safest choice."  That's not what I'm saying.    I'm a survivor of sexual abuse, and while I know it's much safer in every way for an...
I feel sad for women who want to get pregnant to VBAC as it's 'the only way the can heal'.  How much crappier are they going to feel if they fail?  Or how about if they DO have a great VBAC but realize, why does baby number 1's birth still hurt?  Oh, maybe that' because they are two different event that don't help the other.  You don't fix your oven by working on the sink, even though they are both in the kitchen.  And if you have a broken oven, try and fix the sink and...
I totally get what y'all are talking about.  I think the reason ANY birth is traumatic (vaginal included) is usually due to lack of support, and sometimes knowledge, but that kinda goes hand in hand.  I think the reason ANY birth (including cesareans) are healing is due to having abundant support.  I did NOT have a healing VBAC, planned HBAC turned CBAC yada yada with a cadilac...etc, etc, etc. BUT, I did learn oh so so much about myself during the postpartum period...
Aliy-Maybe try some teas as well.  I am pretty sure that all black teas are diuretics, so they will help to flush out any residual pit or fluids and such.  I think, don't quote me, but do google it. :)  I read your birth story, and I am so sad that you had to have a cesarean reading that you were uneasy with it at first, but am so proud of you for embracing it and still embracing that love that you felt and soaking that up to bond and love on baby Cael.  I had a BC birth...
I'm glad you are speaking from a place where you specifically are at and not where everyone else should be at.  I think that is so great for you.  I really do, many women strive to be there and it's nice sometimes for some to see that it doesn't always have to be traumatic to have a cesarean.  I think that every mother has the birth she was supposed to have.  Yes, even me, read my story and you'll better understand where I'm coming from.  The first time a woman told me...
Um, I just want to say few things.  I don't think it's a fetish for women to want a vaginal birth.  Especially if a woman has undergone complications with her previous pregnancies and births-of her children.  Or if she has sexual or physical abuse, a vaginal birth could be easier for her to deal with than surgery.  Or maybe she just want to work with her body.  I don't think any mom would say 'I want a vaginal birth even if it means an unhealthy or unhappy baby or mom'. ...