or Connect

Posts by livsmom

YES! Feeling like a zombie. My midwife actually told me that she often compares the first few months of pregnancy to the first few months after a baby is born...huge hormonal changes, all you have the energy to worry about is the basics (staying well-nourished), etc. That made me feel better about feeling SO out of it. I was kind of worried I was feeling depressed til she told me that. And glad to hear that so many other people are tired too!
EDD: August 2, 2010 Name: Maddie Age: 26 Location: Madison, WI Family (partner, other children, etc): DP (27) and DD (5/07) Gender preferences/inklings: I would like to be able to reuse dd1's clothing at some point, so I do want another girl, but it doesn't have to be this pregnancy. I'm pretty sure this won't be our last. Names you like: Fiona, Kai...for now Birth Plans/Preferences: Homebirth with midwife Anything else you'd like to share: This was a planned...
Hi Everyone! Sorry...I meant to post again sooner, but you know...I got distracted, of course! I was wondering if any of you feel like you are attracted to chaos? I am starting to believe that, perhaps, DP has ADHD too--and I am constantly running around our house picking up after him! We both work full time and his job is a little more demanding so I take on most of the domestic tasks as well--like bill paying, meal planning, finding daycare, etc... (A lot of the...
Thanks for all your suggestions! I agree it is much worse when dd is tired and it's great to hear that a lot of people just grow out of it--little bodies are still so malleable. A chiro friend of mine actually checked dd's alignment this morning and said everything is in the right place, so there's not much she could do anyway. I'll probably just wait until she gets bigger and re-evaluate; for now she seems to be functioning normally, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it,...
Thank you all for welcoming me! In regards to nursing, I am very sad to say that my milk supply began decreasing when dd was only 4mo. I tried several kinds of herbs, pumping every hour, letting dd suck for extended period, etc. to no avail. DD would get extremely frustrated as well because my let-down took a long time. When I started working (dd was 5.5mo), I would pump every two hours (4x per day) and get no more than 4-5 oz. of milk. The supply kept gradually...
Perhaps this should be in H&H, but I'm not really sure if it's more health or developmentally-related--let me know if I should move it. My 16mo dd is very pigeon-toed. She's been walking since 10mo and now walks, runs, and climbs mostly unhindered. Occasionally she does actually trip over her own feet, however, because they are so turned in. Currently, I massage her feet, gently turning them out, while she's feeding and they are able to move to a straight position. In...
I apologize...this is totally unrelated to anything anyone has posted here, but my dd was born in May '07 as well...can I join your discussion? You've all had SUCH age-relevant things to say!!! Sorry if that's a silly question--I'm still new
YES! ME! I have ADHD too! I was just officially diagnosed a few weeks ago (I am 25) and I really hope the psychologist is right...I am not the typical disorganized, forgetful type--I am on the opposite extreme with borderline ocd tendencies. The doc seems to think I need my physical world in order to compensate for the mental/emotional disarray and I can see his point. He has me trying Vyvanse--an amphetimine wrapped in protein to make the ramp-up and come-down more...
: I would definitely read it and maybe, if I felt really compelled, add my two cents every now and then.
: Lymph nodes swell when the immune system is under attack. This could be a very serious problem...or it could be something very minor like a cold, but I would make an appointment with a health care practitioner asap just to make sure. They may want to take X-rays to see if all the lymph nodes in his body are swelling--which can be very serious problem. I don't mean to scare you, but a friend's 5yo neice was just diagnosed with leukemia after going to the doc with a...