or Connect

Posts by Mama.Pajama

I understand what you mean ocelotmom. So would you say poly is a relationship status more than a personal identification?
Polyfidelitous sounds good.
Quote: Originally Posted by camip1225 What is your opinion on cows milk? Most of my friends have switched their kids from breastmilk to cows milk by 12mo....and lots of it. What's your opinion on organic foods? I am just having a hard time nursing less and figuring out what to give her that is as good and beneficial as breastmilk. There is no need to give your LO cow's milk. If he's getting milk from any mammal, it ought to be from his own...
heket, what you said about being bisexual but not poly is interesting. I can see myself the way you are, namely because when I think about me being "poly," I can't see beyond just adding a girlfriend to my life. Just one girlfriend. If you don't consider yourself poly even though you are in a relationship with two people, and your relationships are monogamous with each, what would one call that? Biamorous? I can relate to the way your desire functions though, as if there...
Quote: Originally Posted by baglady And while we're at it, why is an infant waking up several times during the night considered disturbed sleep? I think this is natural behavior for most infants. : A lot of well-meaning parents do subscribe to these parenting doctrines, but I don't believe that all hope is lost- throughout the last century there have been silent rebels who have taken the modern "scientific" parenting prescriptions (though...
Is you mother babysitting while you go to work? If so, as PPs have suggested, 1. You are depending on your mother for childcare and 2. Your family is depending on your parents financially. These two things are exacerbating your problem with your mother's unsolicited advice and disrespect. They have leverage, and it sounds like they are using it. Try this: Ask your mother, "Do you think you have the right to constantly disrespect and bully me because we depend...
enfpintj, thank you so much for that article. Even though the age of the crisis is different, the experience seems really similar. That woman's approach with her husband seems a lot like mine- well, now anyway. Initially, I did freak out. But now I feel very similarly to the way this woman described her own feelings, and my approach seems akin to hers. The thing is that I don't mind him going out drinking with his friends- in fact, I'm totally okay with it, and quite...
Uzra, your perspective is incredibly interesting. The dynamic of the circumstances of your bisexuality while married to a man is different from my own, and I've gleaned a broader understanding of this by hearing from you. I agree that poly has been equated with being a married bisexual in this thread, and not rightly so, because several women who posted weren't "out" to their husbands- it's a secret, because it has to be. This is probably juvenile, but your secret...
I will try to be there. Where will we meet? How about the playground?
Quote: Originally Posted by LorenaAZ 1) You may feel pain even if everything is fine (good latch, no thrush, etc.). The pain will diminish in a few weeks. 2) Do not doubt yourself! Easier said than done! Trust your motherly instincts. Mothers have breast fed their babies forever - it is natural and it really does work! 3) Surround yourself with people who support you and your goals! Don't let MIL, or Sister tell you you need to supplement! Find an...