or Connect

Posts by fiddledebi

Hi all, I'm Debi, mommy to beautiful Ronni (2.5yo), and pregnant with "baby bump!" I had the BFP on Thanksgiving, but didn't want to admit to anyone but my DH yet...I'm HORRIBLY superstitious and we told NO ONE last time until we hit 12 weeks. However, in the last two weeks, for various reasons, I told two of my girlfriends, and I feel like I could use the support and comradery online too. You all seem like a great group with which to share this adventure! This...
I love this thread because it's nice to know I'm not the only one who is just UNDONE by this. DD, 2.5yo, is precocious and highly verbal, so when she doesn't answer me, I know it's not because she can't -- it's because she WON'T. Example: I see DD climbing into our bed using the handles of our under-bed drawers as footholds. I say "DD, don't use the handles to climb onto the bed. Please go get your stool." Then I hear the CRACK of the handle breaking off, and DD upset...
All the things above, but with these specifics: For food, I loved having my big Jamba Juice smoothie. It looked like a drink, no one thought to ask if it was water or a milkshake or vodka! No one said anything. I drank one on the way to the hospital and the other one in little sips until I hit transition. For pillows, I brought my big body pillow. GREAT for laboring on my knees in the bed -- it bunched up well against DH's back, on top of a pile of hospital pillows,...
I would say something. It doesn't have to be confrontational, but it's a reasonable request and one you should feel justified in asking. As long as you pay for the day you keep your child home, it shouldn't inconvenience the provider at all.
I have slightly different reasons for teaching my two and a half year old daughter to use vagina instead of vulva. I feel like there are only a few people, at this age, who she'll really NEED to tell about things that come up with regard to her genitalia -- her dad and I, her teachers at school, her sitter, and her doctor, maybe. No matter what we name it, certainly her dad and I will understand her, and if we chose vulva, her doctor would, too. However, her teachers at...
I'm so sorry. I know that must be awful. My dd has a dear friend, a boy she has "played" with since he was born just 3 months after she was, who hits her at least once each time they play together. It's almost always the same scenario you described -- she has a toy, he wants it, he grabs it, his mother tells him to give it back, he hits my dd in frustration. It's seldom enough to really hurt, but it's clearly not appropriate. As the mom of the "hitee," I am NOT angry or...
(Eek! Replied to the wrong post! Sorry!)
Yes, I make more than my DH, though he is narrowing the gap as his career grows and mine stagnates. This originally came to be because I fell into the internet boom at just the right time, built skills at just the right time, and managed to build a resume that kept getting me better and better jobs. He has more education than me in his career field (investing), but spent quite some time at a job that paid under his maket value because, just when he finished an important...
Quote: Originally Posted by nitemarehippygirl also, and i know it isn't pc to say this, but i KNOW how to lose the weight later, if all else fails (i'm sure you do too) . my eating disorder has always been about me, and i've always felt like i was entitled to self destruct, as i saw fit. BUT the next 6(ish) months are all about the baby. I have to jump in here and say something -- it is said from the perspective of someone who has been where...
Been there. Done that. Wish I could give you a . Something that was very meaningful to me in pregnancy was a focus on the good things my body was doing. After years of trying to manipulate it into being something that wasn't natural for it, I had no choice in pregnancy but to admit that my body was in control of itself. I detached a little in the first trimester and watched, amazed, as my body accepted a fertilized egg into my uterus, grew a sac and then a placenta to...