or Connect

Posts by peainthepod

"Cable guy" approach? No, that wouldn't fly with me. It sounds more like she wants carte blanche to flake out on people and be late whenever she wants. I'm so sorry, mama. I would start exploring your other options immediately. This person doesn't sound reliable nor willing to take responsibility for her own actions. Jumping to defensiveness when a client is honest about their concerns is always a huge red flag IMO. If she's defensive and hostile about something so...
Thanks, mama. I ended up just using warm compresses and massage and nursing as much as possible. I spent Wednesday and most of Thursday very achy and with a low grade fever. My breast was hot and tender but there was no redness and I think the infection was very mild. Thursday evening I finally broke down and took some ibuprofen, which killed the fever and helped with the pain. When I woke up on Friday I felt much better and the infection hasn't come back.   My...
I think there's also a powerful personal stake in believing the prevailing mythology that vaccines are safe and effective. No one wants to think they've harmed innocent children through quackery or because they fell for sleazy scaremongering and marketing ploys. It's much easier and safer, psychologically, to attack the messenger than it is to admit you might have been wrong, especially when the stakes are so high.   When you have all of the most well-funded,...
Oh, mama. Your husband (soon-to-be-ex, I hope) didn't cheat on you because of your body. He cheated on you because he's selfish, dishonest, unfaithful, and unwilling to take responsibility for his own choices. He makes ugly comments about your body? He gaslights you? He stalks you online when you seek relief and counsel and a safe place to vent about the pain he causes you? He blames you for his own misbehavior? He tries to isolate you from other people, especially...
I would no longer leave my children alone with them under any circumstances, and if the ILs asked why I would tell them without mincing words. Your SIL's behavior was unacceptable and I'm afraid my inner mama bear would have come out with claws if I'd been in your shoes. She sounds like a bully.   As for writing an email or otherwise putting your boundaries and thoughts into writing, I wouldn't. It could easily backfire--depending on how angry your letter makes them,...
Yep. It wasn't so pronounced with my first baby but with DD, it was ridiculous. I have waist-length hair and it was everywhere, wrapped around DD's little toes and fingers, clogging the bathtub and shower drains, blowing around the house. I felt like a shedding dog.   Then the hair loss stopped and I started to grow a sort of crewcut under my normal old hair, which was basically impossible to hide or style away. It's a little longer now but sticks straight up when I...
I couldn't read this and not post a hug. I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this. You'll be in my prayers. 
Well, I haven't been cutting back on nursing but I woke up with a hot, tender right breast and a generally icky feeling this morning. I've been nursing and hand expressing whenever possible and plan to rest today instead of doing my usual exercises. In a while I'll take a long hot shower and try to get the plug out (I can feel it deep in my breast).   I'm just hoping it isn't mastitis. I don't have a fever that I can tell and there are no red streaks, so that's a...
We've been using water, vinegar, and baking soda to clean for years now so it wasn't hard to switch over after the babies were born. I try to use all-natural cosmetics and other products when possible, but there are some things that even though they're non-toxic, shouldn't be ingested or handled (dishwasher detergent, dish soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.). So we keep those on a high shelf and teach DS about "yucky" things and what he's not allowed to touch without...
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to respond! It's good to hear that you were able to maintain a good nursing relationship with your DD after night weaning. I think I'm going to do it. I'm just so, so, so tired and I know she can get through the night without nursing because DH has rocked her back to sleep before when I was sick and too exhausted to nurse her.   Poor little love, I hate to do it but I'm just dead on my feet from sleep deprivation.