or Connect

Posts by peainthepod

"I understand your heart is in the right place, but this is the decision we've made and it's not open for further discussion." [change the subject]   "I understand that you feel very strongly about this, but we've made our decision and it is final." [change the subject]   "I understand that you wish we would give our children vaccines, but we are the parents and this is our final decision." [change the subject]   "Thank you for your concern, but our...
I'm so sorry I wasn't more clear. I don't deprive myself either! In fact, I think depriving yourself is the best way to sabotage a healthy diet. The goal is not to be skinny--far from it. I want to be lean, muscular, and strong, which is basically impossible if you aren't getting enough calories. The more athletic I am the more calories I need, so please don't get the idea that I'm advocating starvation or deprivation! I run between two and ten miles on any given day...
Wow, I'm so sorry she violated your confidence that way! That was really inappropriate and would make me reconsider even placing my child under her care. What a bad judgment call on her part.   There's a whole section of the forums for vaccine and vaccine-free discussions. I bet you can get much better advice (and more threadviews) over there. Good luck and welcome to MDC!    Vaccinations (general forum)   I'm Not Vaccinating   Selective & Delayed...
Document every contact or attempted contact and if you can afford it, consult with a good attorney and have all of your communication with her go through their office. The probable outcome here is a restraining order if she doesn't stop and if she violates the restraining order, she faces criminal charges.   I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's comforting to know that grandparents' "rights" are only ever applied under very specific circumstances, but that...
I don't feel qualified to diagnose her but it's definitely not an attitude I'd want in any doctor of mine. Can you imagine having to see someone like that for emergency care after such a devastating loss? I wonder if she has the audacity to tell her unfortunate patients these things in real life, or if she saves her venom for the relative safety of the internet. Somehow I doubt she'd say these things to a grieving mother's face, but I've been wrong before.
We're out of town on business with DH and the four of us are sharing a lumpy king-sized bed in the furnished apartment his company rented for us. I've gotten maybe three hours of sleep every night since we came here in March. DD nurses several times a night and constantly wakes me up so I can re-latch her. The bed is awful enough but nursing her for hours without a break on it is just too much.   I love nursing her during the day, even though she bites and claws me,...
I ran four miles at a good pace and finally finished a time-consuming errand that I've been putting off for weeks. I also did all the laundry in the house and spent lots of quality time with my littles. After they're asleep, I plan to work on a knee sock I've been tediously knitting for a month now while I watch something mindlessly trashy on Netflix.   Tomorrow will be crazy busy but today was fairly laid back. We were out of town on a whirlwind cross-country trip...
It's hard to imagine a lower pastime than cruelly mocking women who have lost babies at birth. I doubt a person who gets their kicks by doing such a thing is very stable. Certainly, the lack of empathy is unusual and disturbing. This woman claims to be in the business of healing people? What a bedside manner she must have...   Despite having had both babies at home with experienced professionals in attendance, I agree that the "trust birth" mindset can be extreme and...
You did the right thing, mama. You really did. Therapy will help in ways you probably can't even imagine right now. And I would strongly urge you to get a copy of this book: Toxic Parents: Overcoming Their Hurtful Legacy and Reclaiming Your Life   I cut my parents out of my and my children's lives because they were abusive when I was a child and were unwilling to either take responsibility for their actions or change their behavior when my own little ones were born....
In my family, the person who does more research gets to decide. This is why DH picks out our cars and deals with our taxes and I handle most of our children's medical decisions, diet, and other day-to-day household-related choices.   That aside, the burden of proof is on the person who wants to tamper with a healthy human body, not the person who wants to let it function as it was designed to function while supporting it with conservative care like good nutrition and...