or Connect

Posts by peainthepod

Do you live in fear of bubonic plague? That disease is pretty deadly and exists in the United States, you know. But there's no vaccine on the schedule for it, so you probably don't worry that your child is going to catch it and die. The chances that it would happen are so slim that it's not really worth worrying about. And if you go through the vaccine-available diseases one by one, you might find that the chances that your child will die or even be permanently injured by...
If you feel comfortable doing it, you can start gently asking questions. Ask them for evidence. What makes them so sure this swine flu, which has been extremely mild in most cases in the States and had a very low mortality rate, is going to mutate into something horribly deadly? Why are vaccines the answer (instead of naturally boosting immunity)? Why quarantine for this flu but not other infectious diseases? Etc. I do think they're overreacting and I think there's an...
As I said in another thread, they'll have to catch us first. And then they'll have to kill me to get to him. So...no.
I have gone to the dentist once, and about a month ago a stylist friend put highlights in my hair, which took a few hours. Other than that, I'm never alone. I don't really mind but I wish I could go jogging again. I really miss that.
I don't think that protecting yourself and your precious, defenseless children is equivalent to cruelly threatening her with a nursing home. It's not like she's some loving old relative you don't want to financially support anymore. This is a toxic influence on your home and family. Besides, if there are mental health issues present (and it seems that with toxic people, there usually are), she will be far more likely to get the help she needs from objective professionals...
When I was still pregnant and interviewing doctors we had a GP try to convince us that he'd seen "multiple deaths" from chicken pox. I laughed in his face and left. I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies and CDC and whomever else has a ve$ted interest in pushing vaccines provide literature to help doctors scare their patients' parents about vaccine-available diseases. "Do you know how many babies I've seen DIE of [pet disease]?" is the standard response. The correct answer...
Get a copy of Toxic In-Laws by Susan Forward. They may not be toxic people but their behavior is toxic and they are intentionally trampling your boundaries. Ideally your DH would back you up but it sounds like there are other issues with him, ILs aside, which isn't surprising if he grew up with parents like that. I would call and inform them that if they show up unannounced, they will not be allowed inside. I would also inform them that quizzing your children is...
They would have to kill me first.
Quote: Originally Posted by ss834 A few other scandals as well. Who knows which viruses or chemicals they might accidently include in this round of vaccines. Can you imagine what would happen to you or me if we did something as criminally negligent as Baxter's contamination? We'd rot in prison until we died. But Baxter and all the other pharmaceutical companies have the feds in their pockets, and so nothing happens and the mainstream media do...
I call my son Buddy and it's definitely a term of endearment. Weird thread...