or Connect

Posts by meindhov

I really appreciate everyone here taking the time to share your POV. I feel vindicated and now I have some respectable community support for a response to my mother! You guys are awesome!
She is specifically concerned about child abuse/molestation. She has a background in childcare, early childhood education and psychology and as a result she is hyper-sensitive to this stuff, in my opinion, to the point of being an alarmist. I wouldn't worry at all about it, as I totally trust my husband (and my gut/intuition tells me nothing shady is going on!), but now I'm worried that my mom will call child protective services!
My mother is alarmed to hear that my husband bathes/showers nude with our barely 4-year old daughter. I also bathe nude with her, and our 2-year old son. In our home we are not prude about nudity and up to now neither of us has seen any problem with this routine. It developed through our need for quick, painless, mess-free baths. Neither of us is comfortable bending over the tub to bathe our kids - especially me, now with a big baby belly - so we started getting into the...
I'm just starting with cloth diapering - got all my supplies including cloth wipes, and am now looking at recipes for a wipe solution. I see many people use grapeseed extract for antibacterial properties, and olive oil for moisturizing/easy wiping. I am wondering if anyone has ever used grapeseed oil in place of these, and if so, with what result? Saw some postings about it being irritating to skin, but wondering if that would still be true if it was used in a small...
I love being able to breast feed my son at all. I could not BF my daughter bc she has a metabolic disorder (galactosemia) that made it harmful for her to consume milk of any kind (cow or human). She had to drink soy formula (YUCK) and I was heartbroken that I couldn't BF her. I still ache for the loss of that mothering experience. But my son, just born two months ago, thankfully does not have the disorder. I consider it a precious gift to be able to BF him. We've only...