or Connect

Posts by Biscuits & Gravy

We have had that happen, and it ended up being what a previous poster said. They based our charge on the previous year's usage, not an actual reading. It wouldn't hurt to call and ask about it!
I took my kids on a little adventure to the LEGO store today to check it out. They had tons on sale, 50% off. I'm totally new to the whole LEGO thing, but I guess this is typical for after Christmas? DS was thrilled to get some Star Wars mini figs, and DS2 got a new Duplo set. I know there are lots of moms of LEGO fans here, so I thought I'd give y'all a heads up! :)
Oooh! Metal bins? At Target? NEED them. We have one of those units in our playroom with a couple of fabric bins, but metal would be fabulous for trucks and heavy stuff.
DS1 was 3 months away from 3 when he switched out of the crib. Our old house was just not safe for him to be wandering around if he got out of bed at night. We couldn't find a gate suitable for mounting at the top of the stairs that would fit our narrow staircase, and the area between the two bedrooms was narrow and small. We were afraid he'd tumble down the stairs. He was a kid who you could put in his crib, say goodnight, and he went to sleep. No CIO like the previous...
We got our pediatric nebulizer at Walgreens for under $50!  Insurance did not cover it there for some reason, but we submitted the receipt for payment with no problem.
I ended up taking him to urgent care yesterday. He does have some infection in one lung, so he started on antibiotics yesterday. The only other time he has had them was for the same thing last year. One dose and he is already a different kid from yesterday, so I'm glad I went with my gut and took him in.   We saw an allergist recently to find out how severe his dairy and peanut allergies are. I think I'm going to call after the holidays and make an appt. to talk...
He has been on singulair in the past. I'm going to call the doctor about getting him back on it. I'll add some vitamin D in, too. I know they make some in gummy form which he'll take with no problem. He is allergic to dairy, so he is already off that. I'll look into the b12.   Last night was awful. He was up all night. He has a low grade fever, lots of coughing. He keeps asking me for "more bear", the nebulizer is in the shape of a bear.   Thanks for the ideas...
This is going to be a long, long winter if things keep going this way. DS is 2, and every runny nose turns into respiratory issues. Our family doctor diagnosed him with reactive airway. We keep it under control when he gets sick by using a nebulizer with albuterol. I am committed to continue nursing him through the winter to provide as much immune support as I can. We do everything we know to do in order to keep him healthy. I could really use some new ideas though....
I bought Eldertussin, but my kids won't take it. I diluted it in a bunch of water, which tastes like watered down juice to me, but DS said it was "yucky juice". I have a chewable version that my older DS can take since his milk allergy is minor now, but my younger DS can't take it because it has lactose. I think I'd have luck with a chewable for him, but I need one without lactose. Anyone know of one? I'm going to do some searching, but thought I'd ask here as well.
For anyone looking for a vegan/dairy free way to make lasagna, this Tofu ricotta recipe is amazing. I've used it to make lasagna and stuffed shells. Even my DH who can eat dairy said it was awesome.  http://www.godairyfree.org/Recipes/Cheese-Subs/Tofu-Ricotta-Vegan-Gluten-Free-Nut-Free.html   As far as margarine goes Earth Balance is my favorite. I cook and bake with soy and coconut milk since we are nut free as well. I only use the unsweetened versions for cooking...