or Connect

Posts by Georgia_Julia

Thanks so much... and yes, I can't imagine doing that to a baby who is still supposed to be a fetus! (I even declined the 28-week Rhogam shot even though I'm Rh- and my husband is Rh+... turned out, our baby is Rh- so I'm very glad I fought that battle!) The one thing we agreed to was vitamin K, knowing that our baby wouldn't be getting large amounts of my breast milk right away and knowing that brain bleeds are common in preemies. But we said "absolutely not" to the hep...
I posted something similar on the preemies board but thought I'd ask here as well, in case there are any mothers of former preemies here.   DH and I have been committed to not vaccinating our children (we've been trying for years for a baby and, after six miscarriages, finally got our survivor... who was born 11 days ago at 29 weeks because of severe pre-eclampsia). In a lot of ways, having a preemie has changed everything... e.g., my OB went against my wishes and...
One question: in the thread you linked, you said, "they gave them a few vax while we were there saying it was required for stay in the NICU"... do you remember which vaccines those were? They "allowed" us to opt out of hep B and the eye drops, but we ended up agreeing to vitamin K after they assured us it was thimerosal-free, only because I knew it would be weeks before he would be getting substantial amounts of my breast milk, and I was concerned about things like brain...
Oh, twinpossible, what you posted is exactly what I needed to hear!! I'm so glad to hear it's not completely outrageous to refuse vax for a preemie (especially when you're super-cautious about what/who they're exposed to). I definitely am interested in any articles on this topic and will check out the info in the thread you linked as well as the Dr. Sears book.   THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! For the first time since our son was born, I'm feeling so much more hope now...
Wow... you're right, preemies definitely force you to change your plans. I have come to terms with things like the NICU using pacifiers, him getting my milk through his tube for now, etc. But the idea of changing our plans as far as vaccination terrifies me a bit. I don't know if I can compromise on that one when I think of how tiny their bodies are to get all those toxins.   Would it be reckless of us to not vaccinate but basically quarantine him for the first year...
My husband and I have been trying for years for a baby, and after six miscarriages, we were so happy to have a pregnancy that was finally going normally. That is, until I was admitted to the hospital with severe pre-eclampsia at 27+5 weeks.   I had a birth plan written out by week 14. I wanted a natural drug-free delivery; I wanted to do delayed clamping and to have baby placed on me immediately after birth so he could breastfeed; I wanted no hep B or vitamin K...
Christine, thank you for that; and I apologize about the rule (it's been a while since I was on here!). I appreciate your pointing me in the right direction while in keeping with the forum rules. :)   DH is leaning toward homebirth and doesn't think anything will go wrong... it makes me a bit nervous since I know of three women whose babies passed away during a home birth, and we're so far from the nearest hospital... but, I will interview some midwives and hope that I...
Thank you SO MUCH for letting me know this. When DH came home from work, I was telling him all the seemingly good points about giving birth at Kennestone I learned from my friend, and he was adamant that he doesn't trust Kennestone. (He suspects that even though we would decline all newborn vax etc., he thinks they would whisk the baby away and do whatever they're going to do anyway!) DH has an annoying habit of ALWAYS ending up being right about these things, so I agreed...
Great thread and great suggestions, everyone - thank you! Does anyone have any recommendations for the west/northwest side of town (Marietta, Dallas, Acworth, Kennesaw)? preferably one who will be supportive of NO vaccination?
THANK YOU all so much!! Quote: I thought there was one in N. Fulton... either that one or the one in the city will be about an hour's drive for us, but I guess that's manageable. Why wouldn't you recommend the N. Fulton one, if you don't mind my asking?     Thank you! It's so refreshing and empowering to hear you say that. I come from a long line of women who had healthy babies between the ages of 40 and 46, so I have good genes on my side! I'm in good shape so I didn't...