or Connect

Posts by phoenix78

Nope. Shortly after I posted here, we found the Eden Co-Op Nursery School, which is Montessori. It was a bit of a drive for us (25 min away) but for 2x weekly and at a much more affordable rate, it was totally worth it. Great school. Wonderful community - DD Very happy there. www.edencoop.com
Hi all, Looking for some mamas who have experienced or been diagnosed with costochondritis. In mid-July, I awoke with severe pain on my left side, under my breast bone. It was sensititve to the touch and worsened over a two day period to an acute pain on day 3. Movement (such as sitting up from laying down or vice versa) made it worse. Finally went to urgent care and a CAT scan revealed I had a 2mm kidney stone. So they diagnosed pain as related, sent me home with Lortab...
Hi Mamas,   Wondering if any Buffalo/WNY parents have a review of the Waldorf Early Childhood Center, The Rose Garden, on the west side? After looking at a half dozen schools for my 3 y.o. DD, we settled on this one. We really wanted to go Montessorri at Nardin but can't afford it. This is still a lot for us but DH and I were very impressed with the school. We are an AP, organic, all-around crunchy family so the vibe of organic grains, natural play, wood toys and...
Anyone have any experience growing golden midget or other small size watermelon in raised beds. Having a hard time figuring out how much space to allot them in my garden plan (I do square foot). This is my first time trying any type of melon. Planning on trellising. Please explain whatever you think a newbie needs to know, especially about pollination? Thank you!
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/columns/donn-esmonde/article690280.ece?articleId=690280&pubDate=2011-12-30&order=T&page=1   Local op-ed has led to 17 pages of comments (mostly pro-bf) by outraged parents after columnist disrespects mamas who participate in Target nurse-in.  This journalist has generally been well-respected in Buffalo but glad to see him called out for his unbelievable misogyny towards nursing moms. Please consider adding your comments to the growing...
My DH has just launched his chiropractic office in WNY and also a blog that focuses on family's taking small steps towards wellness. Come join us on the journey at:   http://ablewithdrk.blogspot.com   Thanks mamas!
Hi NY Mamas,   Just an FYI that my DH has opened a small chiropractic office in Hamburg, in case anyone is looking for a new chiro. In addition to chiro, he provides nutrition counseling, exercise instruction, and massage is available by LMT. We have two little ones who have grown up healthier thanks to chiropractic.   Please check out www.markkchiro.com if interested in learning more. Very reasonable rates and welcoming environment for parents (natural toys...
Thank you for taking the time to comment and sharing your experience.  This is so very hard.  My parents have kind of had a pendulum swing from denial to planning/acceptance this week.  Tonight we talked advance directives, clothes for the funeral, and she gave some possessions away to my girls.  I am a mental health counselor and thought I could handle all of this (the whole "be strong for your family" thing) but I am breaking down and crying like a baby losing her...
This is my first time posting on this forum.  Three months ago I lost my baby at 12.5 weeks pregnant.  The miscarriage really shook me up and I was just starting to feel like I was returning to "normal" and today I found out my mother has metastized breast cancer in several places in her body.  The dr. wouldn't tell her anymore than that over the phone, but this is her third bout with cancer and she has been having pain symptoms for at least six months.  Couldn't get an...
Thanks for posting mama!  Sad day indeed in the world of organics...