or Connect

Posts by itsrtimedownhere

we've been on GAPS since last may. my 5yo had an easier time transitioning than dh and i did. our almost 3 yo just went with it. i don't think he noticed.   nicholas (5) was having terrible tooth and earaches. almost immediately, they stopped. he never wanted to have junky stuff again.   we recently realized that he's gluten intolerant. he eats gluten, he turns into a crazed zombie. no kidding. he'll hit, kick, scream, go for blood. the whole time with a blank...
i guess i should have read better. :P i got excited about someone local and skimmed the rest. lol   i'll use your soap! you want to trade something? i used to get homemade soap from my friend in kansas but she stopped making it and i'm almost out.   my big guy is almost 5 (next month! holy moly!) my baby is 2 but he can keep up with big kids. :D
i'm in parker! close to havasu, about 2 hours from bhc.   we were in kingman last weekend and found a source for raw goat's milk! (pm me for the info, i don't want to get her in trouble or whatever. ugh. i hate that i even have to do that.) i was in havasu yesterday hitting up all the thrift stores looking for milk cans. i didn't find any. meh.   we also have grassfed eggs for $1.50/dz down here!   amygrimis, do you homeschool? i've been looking for other...
we don't have any of the seats. we bought the bus already de-seated. which is why i was thinking of building a steel framed bench seat but have it double as a couch. i guess what i'm not sure of is why rearfacing or frontfacing is different than sidefacing. particularly in a school bus. i was in a bus accident in grade school. i saw the whole thing because i happened to be sitting on that side but the kids on the other side didn't even know anything happened. the...
we just bought a school bus that we are converting into a camper. right now there is only 1 seat. the driver's seat. all the rest have been taken out. when we drive places, my husband drives the bus and i follow in the van with the boys (4 and 1) in their carseats. we were talking about seats for when it's done and we are unsure what we are going to do. i thought that we could build some kind of set up where we could take the cushions off the couch and...
we are going to be in bethlehem, pa until july 7. we don't have ANY groups at home (parker, az). my ds is only 3 but i want him to at least MEET other homeschooling kids (and for me to meet other homeschooling moms!) are there any groups here that we could hang out with temporarily?
we are going to be in bethlehem, pa until july 7. we don't have ANY groups at home (parker, az). my ds is only 3 but i want him to at least MEET other homeschooling kids (and for me to meet other homeschooling moms!) are there any groups here that we could hang out with temporarily?
my friend actually JUST posted this to me on FB. she was telling me about a paper she wrote about the different ways that boys and girls learn. i asked her if i could read it. Quote: , ill see if I can dig it up for you! It was absolutely a facinating subject, they have found that boys ae more comfortable in rooms with cooler hues like light blues, and that they like them room temp around 60, girls prefer brighter colors and warmer temps. this is one of the...
we do AAA Math. i typed out all the chapters and sections. every week i either find online or make up worksheets for each section. i print out 5 worksheets and he does each section for a week. if he needs more practice, i print out more for the next week. he's only 3 right now but when he's old enough to school on the computer i'm going to buy the disk ($20) so he can do it more independantly.
Quote: Originally Posted by SoulCakes How is that a myth? Skin is only so elastic; it stretches when weight (breast tissue) holds it down. It's just biology/physics. Bras counteract (to some extent) the being held down, therefore bras counteract (to some extent) the stretching of the skin. Agreed, however, that if she doesn't want to wear a bra then there's nothing left to do or discuss. breasts aren't held up by skin. they are held up by...