or Connect

Posts by mouey77

If I enroll her, I have to sign her up for 5 days. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for at this age to ensure that it is a good program? The school is accredited by AMS FWIW. When I toured the school, the main things I noticed were 1) it was very quiet. The kids in the primary program seemed content/happy, but there was no rowdiness. 2) All of the toys really appeared to be consistent with montessori materials. 3) During circle time, one child who...
One of the more reputable Montessori schools in town is piloting a program for toddlers (ages 18 mos-36 mos). Because space is so limited, if I want to enroll my daughter for next fall, I need to submit the application now. Is anyone familiar with Montessori programs for toddlers this young? DD will be 19 mos next August, and I didn't know if that is too young to get much benefit.
Yes! I got it almost immediately after my second was born. You can overcome this! It was tough because I kept getting mastitis (had it 9 times total in the year and a half of BFing), but my DD had bad reflux and food intolerances and just didn't do a good job of draining my breasts when she fed. Lots of hot compresses helped, BFing on the sore side as much as possible, and lots of rest. I also started taking lecithin supplements which you can read about on...
This is my third baby, and the easiest by far (so far) to breastfeed. I have had no engorgement, she nurses well, and she is up above her birth weight. (She's a week and a half old). This was my first unmedicated birth, and everything went really well. I had no tearing, and I feel really good physically. I have been running since high school and ran/ellipticalled up until a day before I gave birth. I really feel like I could start back up with exercising, but could...
I think he must know better! He just doesn't want the liability. I just had not heard of such a thing, and literally everyone here IRL has been induced at the 39-40 week point for one "reason" or another.
The midwife today was very kind and actually said she is not even worried yet about induction. She reminded me that my body is following "the norm" this pregnancy, and my two other early labor/deliveries were actually more unusual than this go round. She did check me today, which I may refuse if I go in next week, and I was 90% effaced, 3 cm, anterior, soft, head at 0, so it seems like it should happen any day now! My guess is that for the head OB it becomes a...
I am at the most "natural friendly" group in town. We have been seeing the midwife group and are planning to give birth at the "natural friendly" hospital. After two early babies (one very early baby at 34 weeks and my second was 38 weeks), I was never worried this could potentially be an issue, but with no baby in sight and two days until my due date, I am getting worried about a push to induce. The group's policy is to induce by 41 1/2 weeks. My blood pressure has...
It doesn't sound like she actually stripped your membranes. Sounds like she did a cervical check. Particularly if you aren't having any spotting, cramping, or pain. I'd be pissed about the push to induce at 40 weeks. I would just decline any cervical checks from here on out.
Going on three weeks of prodromal labor here!
With my last baby, she came two days after I noticed my mucus plug and bloody show (pretty much at the same time), but this time, it is a day later and no labor yet.