or Connect

Posts by Caroline248

Quote: Originally Posted by FreeRangeMama Baby in sling, kids in cart (ply them with crackers or those little boxes of raisins). Have them hold hands, kids love to hold hands. . They just started carrying the little boxes of organic raisins here...we love them! I have my kids hold each others hands as well, they fight it less than holding mine. I think they feel bigger if they don't have to hold on to mom...our rule is as soon as they...
Quote: Originally Posted by mclisa Yours have school today? Mine are out because of Native American Day. (Columbus Day for the rest of the nation) Yeah..it is weird. I think we are the only school district in America to not have off today. What is funny, we had off for the first day on the Jewish Holiday in September....umm, I think the nearest Jewish Temple is like an hour away. We still do "Christmas" parties here. So we don't get...
Oh man..I went to a baby shower this weekend with all first time yuppie mothers. Sheesh. Can I tell you the sheer amount of stuff she received?? It was unreal. But we had fun, and there was another mom there with 5 kids, so that was neat to meet someone else IRL. Molly--best wishes for a nice, easy delivery. Ok, kids are eating breakfast and have to get ready for school. I just want to go back to bed....
Quote: Originally Posted by transformed When do they start playing with eachother? I am working on #3. About 3 years old for my kids....on a good day. Of course, that is also when they start to fight!!
It depends. If we are there with playgroup, then mostly no. They play with the otehr kids and I talk to the other moms. If noone is there, maybe. Of course, I have 5 kids, so they have each other to play with if I feel like reading or just being lazy on the park bench!
Quote: Originally Posted by phathui5 Ias anyone else find that the more people say things about you having So Many kids, the more you want to go and have another one? YES!!!!! I would especially show them if I had twins..wouldn't I?
Quote: Originally Posted by DBZ Hi, I've got 3 girls (12,10,2) and am expecting another in March. There is one issue I am a bit worried about. I'm afraid that my friends with less kids won't want to hang out with me any more because I have so many kids. Did any of you experience any of that? Yep. It is annoying. But I did recently decide not to invite a friend of mine with her 4 kids over because it would just be too much. So it can go...
Quote: Originally Posted by blessed There were cases in which the child got out of her seat and managed to get the car out of gear even though it wasn't running. In some cases the parents were killed trying to stop the car from rolling away, and in some cases the child was killed by falling out an opened door and then being run over. I agree, small risk. But reading those cases certainly made me think twice. I have posted this twice, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by flapjack So, it's Sunday. Where shall I lose Isaac this week? : The zoo sounds good....
Quote: Originally Posted by wildmonkeys Hi! I am a mom of three, but we can't stop talking about ttc soon...but I am really fearful. I am one of two kids and grew-up in a really happy family. My husband is one of 5 and his parents were pretty neglectful so we don't have a good model for a family with more kids, but we are loving our guys and just can't quite stop revisiting the idea of one more...so I wondered if you guys could weigh in on a couple of...