or Connect

Posts by Symbi

My son just got bitten by my parents' rather violent cat on the side of his knee. It doesn't appear too deep, but it did break the skin and is bruised. I'm not sure if the cat's teeth met in the middle of the bite? It is hard to tell, but seems to be more of a pinch with bite marks on either side than a piercing (but I don't know for sure). I did call his doctor, who is supportive on non-vaxing parents. She is more concerned with other infections and didn't think it was...
Thank you, Bruebee! Yes, this is very helpful. I am leaning toward having the surgery in July, but I have been going back and forth. It is very helpful to hear from another mom and definitely helps in the decision-making.
Has anyone here had surgery to remove an ovarian dermoid cyst? I would love input.  I am 39 years old, and I found out about the cyst in December of 2010 after a partial molar pregnancy. So far I have not removed it. I have one child and am considering another pregnancy. I don't know if I should have the cyst removed before TTC. They may need to take the whole ovary when they remove the cyst. Any input or experience with this would be appreciated! Thanks so much.
Apparently stomach pains/gas pains are common as well as constipation following nitrous. I did not know this before my son received the nitrous. For days after, my son experienced severe pains in his stomach and constipation as well as getting some of the most sick he has ever been within hours after the procedure (high fever, lethargy). He was definitely not himself directly following the procedure, even though the dentist said once the nitrous is turned off, it no...
Thank you!!
Thanks so much for your reply.
What supplements etc. would you recommend that I give my child and myself, since we were with a family all day today with a baby who just (since seeing them) tested positive for strep? My son just got off antibiotics for a dental infection, so I already feel like his immune system isn't 100%. I have him on probiotics and I currently take no supplements. Thanks so much. Also, does anyone know how contagious strep is? I had strep throat years ago and don't remember....
Thanks for the bump. The procedure was done yesterday. My son did great with the novocaine. The dentist did an amazing job explaining to my son ahead of time all the instruments he was going to be using, what they looked and sounded like and what their function was, as well as preparing him for a little "mosquito bite" when the needle went in (he did not use the word needle though I don't think--just sleepy juice). Anyway, yes, after yesterday, I would go this route...
My four-year-old has an enamel defect in his teeth and has ground them down quite severely, some down to the nerves. He has already lost one tooth naturally, and he has had one extracted due to an exposed nerve. He is going to need a pulpotomy on another tooth next week. The dentist said he would have only local anesthesia, no nitrous. I am ok with this--it is actually what I prefer (anesthesia in children worries me and my son did not do well with the after-effects of...
It seemed to be very small and did not appear to go in deep (fell out when he shook his foot). This was on Saturday. At first I didn't even see a visible wound, just a small red dot--not bleeding or anything, and I assumed that was because it didn't go in deep enough. The dot was darker (reddish brown) on Sunday and made me wonder if the thorn had gone in deeper than we realized. We have been cleaning his foot and soaking it in Epsom. My husband isn't concerned at all,...