or Connect

Posts by jenaniah

Kiran spelled this way IS a legitimate name for both males and females in India. Spelled this way it is sanskrit for "ray of light" Kieran is a completely different name that is traditionally male and of Irish Gaelic origin meaning "black". 2 completely different names that just happen to have the same (or very similar) pronunciation.    As far as the article, I find it rude. As I do many of the attitudes on here. If someone choses to name their child something because...
Quote: Originally Posted by karika I am weirded out by the pharma commercials, like the one for the sleep aid that says, (paraphrased)"some users have reported eating in their sleep and driving without knowledge of the event" I mean, what? driving without knowledge and it is legal? crazy!!!! Any pharma commercial is just wrong to me on so many levels, US is one of 2 countries that allows pharma ads, and if people still want to take them after hearing...
I put other b/c I don't love it nor dislike it. I have used it on occasion, like when a friend forgot a half gallon of milk in the trunk of my car, in the summer and it exploded all over my trunk. I used it after using wintergreen rubbing alcohol to get rid of the lingering smell.
We have it at work on our playground and the big kids playground. Some of my more oral littles do put it in their mouth but I would rather they put this in their mouth then woodchips that splinter. I can fish out full pieces of the rubber mulch but not woodchips. It is dirty, but so is anything on a playground used as ground cover. And it is hot but my littles walk on it barefoot all the time (b/c the loons won't keep their shoes on) I love how soft and springy it is. And...
I have severe overpronation and yes you should intervene. I have had orthotics off and on since I was 3 and when I have them I feel so much better. When I don't wear them my hips, back and calves hurt and I am more like to sprain or break my ankle. Even if it doesn't cause them issues now it WILL. Unfortunately overpronation affects the muscles, tendons, ligaments and bones and not just of the feet. My hips are terrible from the years that I didn't wear orthotics and as...
Not normally. My nieces H&R are allowed to cut through the yard next door to get to the church parking lot to ride but that is only b/c there are NO sidewalks and the house has been unoccupied for 3ish years. Ohand the road is a very busy road. Not safe for a 7.5 yr old and almost 6 yr old to ride on at all.
I actually don't know. I am pretty closed irl & online too. I don't share much ofmyself at all unless I know someone well and even then I don't share all of myself. I don't really know what my internal monologue is I know I want to be different then I am (I have pretty major anxiety, depressioin & OCD) but I don't know how to be different then I am. That's why I am in counseling.
My niece H went into an HBB somewhere between 5 & 5.5 when she outgrew her harnessed seat by height.
My niece H is in an HBB all the time and has been since she was 5. She outgrew her harnessed seat by height at 5. She sits correctly in it as her auntie has instilled car seat OCD into her already Oh and she will be in it for quite a while as she is only 52 pounds and the law where she lives is 8 & 80 pounds. My niece K is an LBB, much to my chagrin, but her mother thinks all the new car seat data is bs. She, unfortunately, has been in it since she turned 3 and I am sure...
No, I do not. Haven't for quite a while. I don't support pledging allegience to anything other then God (but don't have anything against those who do nor do I have anything against those who hold different religious beliefs then I do) ETA - I have been in church many times and they have said the pledge (for the record my not saying the pledge is my personal belief, not somethign taught by my church) And I am always respectful. I always stand and am silent, I just don't...