or Connect

Posts by charis4

Here's my triplets in their BumGenius nb AIOs... and here they are in their GroVia nb AIOs.   Please don't copy these photos for use elsewhere on the site. Thanks!  
Congrats!! Our GBG triplets are 13 mo. We were originally planning a vaginal birth with our dr's full support, but one of the babies ended up having growth problems that turned into heart problems, so we had to have a cesarean at 29wks. 2.5 months in NICU, but they're all doing great now, happy, chubby little babies with no long-lasting effects of their prematurity. :) One of the babies has a syndrome that causes tongue abnormalities so she wasn't ever able to nurse from...
Congrats on your triplets!!! My GBG set just turned 1 and I finally have a little more time so I'm on this board again, I'm a little behind the curve. :) That's so amazing that you were able to make it to 36wks and take them home!!!   How are things going now that they've been home for a while? Haha, if you even find the time to get on here anymore. :)
Wow, those are GREAT weights for quads, congrats to the family on getting them that far!! I bf'd my triplets (while parenting my other 3 kids, two of whom were under 5yo) for 6.5m exclusively and then weaning completely at 11 m. Unfortunately, two of my babies could never latch correctly (one had severe reflux that effected his tongue and the other has a deformed tongue) so I had to almost exclusively pump. Not trying to say how great I am, just that its doable! If she...
I'm a doula myself, became one after my second birth (I've had doulas for all of my births). I would say that the most important thing is your rapport with your doula! Don't worry about whether she has twin experience or has worked with your hospital before. Those things are negotiable, your comfort level with her is not. Also, knowing myself and many other doulas, anything that she doesn't have experience with (ie multiples), she'll research the heck out of anyway....
Hi all!   I had my triplets 2.5 weeks ago by c-section at 29wk5d. (we had been planning a vaginal birth, but one baby was distressed, so surgery it was). I've been pumping consistently since. I initially got colostrum, then nothing, not even drops for several days (I think due to the csection, by body wasn't as primed as it would've with a labor), then milk came in well.   I'm pumping for about a half hour 8 times a day. At this point I'm getting about 60oz a...
Well, one of the few upsides to homebirth being illegal in your state is that you don't have to worry about "risking out" of midwifery care if its multiples! All the more reason though to think about an u/s so you could have a backup plan if you should need further care during the pregnancy or birth. I'd love to birth out of hospital, but for me twins are in my comfort level for OOH birth, but triplets are not so I'd be in hospital anyway.   Morgan
Have you tried papaya enzymes? I'm 27wks with triplets and measuring full term which means all sorts of heartburn and other digestive issues. Its helped me so much to take a few after big meals or at the times of day when it tends to be the worst. I hope you're able to find something that works for you. :) 
Hi there!   I'd be curious with such symptoms too. I don't know what your state's homebirth licensure parameters are, that would definitely be something to look into. In my state, out of hospital birth of multiples is now illegal (well, technically its illegal for anyone to attend an OOH birth of multiples). Once you have an u/s and confirm (if its the case) that there are multiples, you may not be able to homebirth legally depending on the state's laws. On the flip...
That's exactly how I feel. I'm fine with a cesarean if its what's best, but if a VAGINAL birth is better, then I want that option, dang it! I've dealt with a ton of flack from people on forums, doctors, acquaintances, etc, who seem to think that I just want a vaginal birth for personal reasons at the expense of my kid's health. I want a vaginal birth if possible because its best for me and the babies, but even still I want all sorts of precautions in place, I want to be...