or Connect

Posts by desertdessert

thanks pam and becca. we didn't end up moving. we are toying with a move in the near future but haven't pinned down anything yet and there needs to be some framework (phd and / or job(s)) for it to happen. i forget where connor park is. are you teaching dance becca? naptime has been weird for us lately--it had been around 11 or 12 but now is sometimes in the middle of the afternoon.
hi everyone, not sure anyone remembers me as it has been, i dunno, nearly a year since i poked my head in to say hi. i have been lurking occasionally to check in on you all and i wanted to congratulate sarah and becca on their new baby girls. you are both such incredible, nurturing and creative mamas and it makes me happy to see your beautiful families expanding. i had the chance to meet sarah, pam and becca last year but i had limited transportation and was...
hey everyone, sorry to disappear... hectic times around here. trying to figure out how to make it work for us to move to chicago this summer. dh is being laid off next month. anyway, i am shamelessly stopping by to ask for help. i've been meaning to get in to see a different doc, as i have been incredibly unimpressed with the staff at my GP, and basically with the GP himself too. i know it's a hassle to transfer files and such but i need to see someone ASAP and i am...
congrats on your pregnancy! thanks for the feedback on lincoln square / albany park. it sounds great to me, so i will check out ravenswood manor for sure. i have heard good things about edgewater so i'll make sure to look into that as well. it's good to know you've seen mamas maneuvering strollers on the trains. here in tucson they make us fold up the strollers before getting on the bus which is a pain. Quote: Originally Posted by...
thanks, thistle! i'd never live in the gold coast again--it was nice & glossy & pretty, but the novelty wore off quickly. i just want to live a couple blocks away from the el, right by a bus, groceries & some shopping / park... in a pretty area / safe area for walking. i did love noble square/river west when i lived there after the gold coast though, so i might try for that area again. i'll see if i can find a web site for the northside parents group. i'm...
i had no idea you could ride in a cab with no car seat. i guess you do on the bus and train... speaking of the bus, do you have to fold up the stroller to bring it on board? if so, how do you manage if you have two kids in the stroller, a diaper bag, maybe a bag of groceries, etc? i guess you just figure it out somehow? i didn't pay much attention to mom logistics when lived in the city. :-) thanks for the info on docs. i'll have to check & see if ettner is...
thank you so much! that was incredibly helpful and reassuring. i do have a couple other questions if you or anybody else has time. *what happens if you have a babe and need a cab? are there any cabs with carseats? this is probably a dumb question. *which peds do you recommend who are delayed / alternate vax / natural living friendly? *which style / brand of stroller do you have and would you recommend it? thanks so much again for all your help. anyone...
hey there mamas, my dh is getting laid off and we are hoping to move to chicago assuming we can find employment. i know the market is bad, but it's bad here too and here there are so few jobs in our fields, even fewer that pay enough for us to get by and have health insurance. i went to grad school at saic, so i lived in the city for about 4 years and loved it. it's my favorite place and i am so looking forward to being back there. difference is, this time i'll have...
oops, that was too much like a novel, so i'm deleting it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BeccaBaby1 Deborah, it was lovely to share coffee and conversation with you this morning. likewise, becca! thanks so much. :