or Connect

Posts by arthead

I have two used/outdated cellphones that I can donate... anyone have addresses? I have a few in Miami, where I am, but I think there are a few nationwide that can be useful as well... anyone????
Ha... that's great! My love's in a punk band... I'll throw it to them!
omgoodness! ban me for being forward/truthful, but for this whole blessed life of mine/ours, we've simply taken care of what has been put in front of us -plants,stray animals, etc. No religious or societal restrictions or expectations...those can be real heavy! my soul/sole suggestion would only follow what's worked for us brilliantly! Work with what you've got & apprecitate ALL that is freely given to you( nature) is all i have for you best wishes
Yeah, teaching classes is a very profitable idea to make cash while doing your work! & renting a warehouse space here (miami) is only a few hundred bucks a month, check your area... space can easily pay for itself if you get enough clientelle... or MAKE space in the house/apt/condo, as hard as it seems, there is alot of space that we see as "used" but it's really filled with UNused stuff/storage. Get alot of shelves & see-thru boxes stacked? Another thing is to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking You won't stand up for your nephew and will allow debilitating genital surgery on him without a word in protest on the outside chance that they may not be comfortable with what you say? Doesn't that sound a little selfish to you? Will you be able to look at your nephew and not feel guilt if you don't do everyting you can to protect him? Any hard feelings you may engender from speaking up for your nephew...
these posts have great ideas... registering with another org that already has funding may be perfect for you guys, & if no org exists that you like, definitely check gov links for funding & also local non-profit organizations, they may have funding leads if they can't help you.
Quote: Originally Posted by Attila the Honey I just need to get this out. I am so mad! I have no idea HOW it would work, and god knows I am nto the most motivated person in the world, but I think he's so brilliant and I am so proud of him. I am going to bring it up to my friends (who are more socially active and motivated than I) tomorrow and maybe something will come of it. I would feel so much better about being a part of a group like THAT...
It was never a question with me b'c I'd worked for a few years following college, for companies... working under someone. It seemed to really bother me to have to do things that were NOT the most efficient or prosperous ways. Most of the time I'd relay ideas to a manager & they'd work out in the end as better, so confidence built there. If you feel like it'll work, IT probably WILL! The key (for us) is to stick to one goal (which for us is to uphold an artistic...
Quote: Originally Posted by SarahNH I haven't noticed it much with names, in particular, but I definitely see patterns of types of people. It seems that once you've met enough people, if you pay attention, you mostly just keep meeting the same people over and over again. And I mean straight down to the bleach blonde hair and the way they talk to their children. Or the body type, choice of drink, and sense of humor. But it's actually pretty rare to...
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankly Speaking Would you have that same respect for her if she were having a daughter and was planning to to this? http://www.fgmnetwork.org/intro/mgmfgm.html Frank Frank - yeah, I would leave that personal decision up to the mum... On a personal note, I will continue to fight within Amnesty Int to retrtieve rights for women globally & also fight against circ amoung women & men globally b'c it isn't...