or Connect

Posts by mom2lucy

I honestly can't thank those that replied enough. I really appreciate your perspectives from an experienced point of view. And especially to those who shared their stories in a district that sounds similar to ours. It really is my own issues with diversity and people who are different then me that I need to work through. DH and I both went to predominately white, middle-upper middle class schools, including college so that's all I really have to compare to In my heart I...
I will try to make this as concise as possible, and I appreciate any and all advise.  We live in a wonderful neighborhood in a house that we love, but happen to fall into a school district that may be less than desirable.  When my husband and I purchased our house 7 years ago (well before kids) we just figured that we'd move when it was time for school.  Well my DD1 will start kindy next year and we are absolutely torn on what to do.  Here's the deal:   Our current...
Hi all,  I was hoping that this month we may have conceived, and I'm now due for my period (I don't have a precise schedule, but should have started either the last couple days or today), but got a BFN yesterday on FMU, and I really don't have any symptoms.  This would be my thrid pregnancy, and my first two were obvious by my symptoms early on, especially tender breasts, but nothing really this time.  About a week ago I had a lot of pulling/pains in the round ligament...
I've never posted to this forum, I hope it's the right place and you ladies can give me a little insight.  I don't chart or temp, but have a fairly decent idea of ovulation by cm and time of the month (I know that's not very reliable, but we're not actively TTC or TTA).    DH and I DTD on cd 12 and he didn't withdraw (the only 2 times in the past that he hasn't have resulted in my only 2 pregnancies), and now on cd 16-17 I've noticed just a little "brownish" mucus...
In the same boat here.  I've wanted a third for awhile but DH has been opposed to it, until recently when he seems like he's possibly willing to try once our 2 get a little bigger.  Well, we DTD 2 nights ago and he didn't withdraw (which is our tried and true form of BC), and I'm kinda panicking.  I don't chart or anything but I'm aware that I'm probably close to O.  I just keep thinking about it all day and how much harder everything would be with another baby.  But,...
Thank you for all the replies so far, it's very helpful (and reassuring)!  I love that article, thanks for posting it Dandelion-really makes me reevaluate how I look at them together.  I'd just rather keep separate as much as possible so they don't get mad at each other, but I'm going to start focusing on helping them play together.  I also think this will be much easier as the litle gets bigger and can interact a bit more.  
Hi everyone, I have 2 DD's, 3.5 and 16 mo.  and lately we're having so many issues that I'm worried that they don't/won't like each other.  DD1 does the usual big sister stuff, like the occational push, hit, etc.  It's dealt with by removing her from the situation and reinforcing that "we treat each other with love and kindness."  She's really not too bad and is mostly doting all over her and cheering her on for taking steps, talking, etc.    However, it's DD2 that...
Hi everyone, I haven't posted here before but need some advice with regards to my 16 mo and 3.5 yo DD's.  I work 12 hrs/wk and my kids have always been watched by their grandma's and enjoy it.  We've recently had some issues come up with various social functions that we need to attend on the weekends/evenings without the kids and I feel really bad asking the grandma's to help since they help out during the week.  There's also some issues that we have several times a...
ITA with this after reading your second post.  Good luck with your decision!  Also, I'm going to message you to ask some other business related questions...if you don't mind :)  
20 hrs. a week doesn't seem like too much but if she's really having a hard time with it, I personally would try to cut back to only having her go when you work.  I totally understand how productive those other mornings are without her, but (at least this is what I think to help me) she's only going to be around for a few more years until starting school and once that happens you'll have much more time to be productive. Do you have any family in town that can help you...