or Connect

Posts by KateSt.

Kitty and Freethinker -- thanks so much for the lists!!!!!! Freethinker -- this may be a silly question...but what's a wetbag? I'll definitely splurge on it once I know what it is. Also, I really want a Moses Basket, but can't find one I like with a stand. Anyone have some good suggestions?
Thanks, Mamajaza, Amy, and Ame -- I really appreciate your feedback. My sil didn't ask for my advice, and honestly I didn't feel "qualified" to give her any since I don't think I'd be taken seriously since I haven't given birth yet, (you know that whole "oh, you'll change your mind once the baby's here" kinda remarks). I did say "forget about what your friends and 'experts' say about CIO, listen to your intuition. What do YOU think you should do?" and she said "Oh, I...
Oh, lasofia! That's why prenatal care is sometimes called "prenatal scare," right? It makes me so mad! Your bp sounds wonderful to me -- that's still so low for pregnancy! And I do believe your body is gaining the amount of weight it should. I told my mw I did not want to be weighed anymore for just that reason -- I know my body is doing what it's supposed to, and I don't want to feel bad because of the numbers. I think you're perfect!
Amy -- Yea, soda wouldn't affect the test (I CAN'T believe that!) Ame -- yes, stay far, far away from that mw! Fingers crossed that the storm works it's magic on you! Mamajaza -- that woman was very lucky to hear your story first hand. I often wish I knew another UC mama IRL so I could have some positive reinforcement. Speaking of positive reinforcement, I need some now. I just got off the phone with my SIL who has a 3 week old baby girl. The conversation just...
OMG, Shannon! Parenting is going to be a piece of cake compared to all you've been through!!! Hope you're okay and you find some peace and quiet... Sadkitty -- do you mind describing the "surrender" pose to me? Sounds like something I could definitely use! Lesley -- your Thanksgiving sounds scrumptuous!!! on the excel sheet. I give myself stars everyday for walking, yoga, or meditating. I'm a goober, too. Peri -- so glad everything went so well at your appt!...
M2L -- I couldn't agree more with Brandi. Do trust your body -- not the "experts". In fact, your post is making me rethink going to my mw "one last time" to have her check the positioning of my baby. What good would it do, really? It would only make me worry. And I have to believe (as you do) that baby is in the best possible position and knows how to be born. (((HUGS))) however, for the prenatal scare. You DO know what's best. Brandi -- I was so happy to read your...
Thanks for bumping this, Hevea! I just thinking about doing that -- though my nesting is just in the form of a tickle, too. Good advice from your co-worker...I'm sure she is right. Guess I'll have to get my act together!
Awesome birth story, Amyjeans! Thanks so much for sharing it - it made me tingly. I especially liked the comment from God.
Kitty -- for those crying spurts. I had one of those days on Monday...Somedays I feel like an emotional basket case. Peri -- I also agree with what everyone said about yoga. I've been having similar dilemmas -- I do prenatal yoga DVD's and find they're much too easy, and then I go to classes I used to take and get frustrated because there's so much I can't do. I still go to the class once a month because I love the women and the energy, but I deviate from the poses...
Lesley -- 8 weeks if she's like her sister! : That scares me to death! I'm not ready, I'm not ready, I'm not ready!!! Glad you had a good day today. Hellokitty -- Thanks SO much for your words of encouragment -- they really do make me feel so much better.