or Connect

Posts by KateSt.

Congrats, Dancermom! I'm glad it all worked out. Looking forward to your birth story! Welcome Claudette! I hope you do find yourself pregnant and I also hope you get the very birth you want. Jenniebug and Sprinkle Pocket -- I felt the same way about Birthing from Within. It did inspire me to draw a fun picture, but I mostly skimmed through the rest. Sprinkle -- I'm so glad telling your family went smoothly! I know how stressful that can be. To be honest, I...
Tracie -- you look radiant! I've had a couple of days where my belly felt very heavy, too. Hmmm...maybe that confirms my thoughts that I'm having a boy! Joy! What a big difference between week 24 and week 28!!! You are definitely pregnant! Bring on that preggo-woman attention!!
Very large pepper grinder.... :LOL H,S, and J --I'm green with envy the three of you got together! I saw the pics on your website -- what fun that must have been! Hi Jesse! I'm so thrilled to see you so round in the belly!!!! Yay!!!!! I hope the rest of your pregnancy continues to be blissfully uneventful! I'm so happy we're all getting our much-longed-for babes. Now we just have to get Korin, Alexis, and Adina over here, too. Kimba -- looking forward to your...
Okay, I'll guess -- I think I'm having a BOY! My best friend and sil think a girl -- in fact most people have predicted girl, even the old wives tales symptoms and chinese gender chart. So I'm really going out on a limb thinking boy - but that's my prediction and I'm sticking to it!
Blueviolet -- I feel like I should be paying you for your consultations! I do love what you said about giving yourself the "luxury" to change your mind. I think it's important we all do that -- I know personally I can get very attached to an ideal and when it doesn't work out like I'd planned or hoped I'm very disappointed. Yes...luxury to change my mind... I'll continue to mull that over. Jennie -- I do think Saras will be perfect for what you desire. She is so...
Niki -- Your post made me teary. Your dh certainly sounds like he knows himself. My dh has said many of the same things yours has. My dh had some trauma as a child--a really bad dogbite and a bad fall from a bunkbed, both involving a lot of blood and trips to the hospital. Since then he's had some instances of passing out or almost passing out at the sight of a lot of blood. Even though this hasn't happened since college, it's one of his major concerns of being my...
Joy, I also fully agree that potassium is important to stave off cramps. I have a supplement that I swear by and if I forget to even take it one day, I'll get a cramp. I take one at lunch and one right before bed. Shannon -- I know you're not a crier, so this must be very interesting for you!
Niki -- I was so glad to see your post -- I've been missing you. Wow, what an incredibly powerful dream! Mama2Lennon had some good insight -- I don't know what I can add. I do so believe in our babies infinite wisdom. (Beautiful post M2L.) It seems as though we have similar relationships with our dh's. My dh and I share everything and for the most part agree on everything, and have always made an effort to be respectful to each other and compromising. The fact that uc...
Yes, Hevea, I agree -- this whole thread is now distracted by visions of your left crusty boob. :LOL Hope you and Shannon have fun in spite of it. Elle -- I was thinking the same thing Joy suggested -- that perhaps you could have UC. That's what I'm planning (and in the continual process of persuading dh). But I think that decision definitely has to come from inside of you and not be based on financial situations.
Linda -- Yes! I couldn't agree more! That argument was definitely a watershed for me. Ever since dh came up with that last compromise (which is really MY way ) I've felt wonderful. Every day I'm feeling a relaxed confidence that just grows stronger. Jennie -- I'll be thinking of you on Thursday. Please let us know how it goes...I know Saras will be wonderful, though perhaps a bit surprised to be hearing about uc twice in one week!