or Connect

Posts by KateSt.

Yay, Peri! Great news! Oohhh, ginger snaps -- one of my fav's! Hevea -- so sorry 'bout those crusty boobs (wouldn't that smilie be something!) Monica -- Hevea's right, I recommended the olive oil. I gotta tell you ladies, I now use it as my face moisturizer and I LOVE it! Just a drop or two rubbed between your fingers and apply to your face -- my complexion has never been better! Anyway, glad your dh is liking your oiled-upped pregnant body --it does make you glow...
Oh my god, Shannon, that is so beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing...
Stacey -- thanks . And that's what I meant to say -- not "tying" the cord and just cutting it. The less stress the better! Wow -- giving birth in the car! I do imagine being at home will be better!
Dropping in to give Adina some and some hugs to Lexie and Korin ('cause I feel like it) Velveteen -- : : :
Susan -- I'm pretty sure you can put a link here and it'll be fine -- and I want to see that jewelry! Tug --- I hope your first day back to work went well. Must be very hard to get up for 7am! I have to get up for 7:45 2 days a week and I don't even like that! Hevea-- I've been meaning to thank you for your very astute response to my mw situation. So thank you! I like Sofia, too. I know someone IRL that's having her second girl and her first daughter insisits...
Congratulations, Christina, Sean Nicholas and Family!!! Enjoy your loving baby moon. Stacey -- it's interesting what you said about not cutting the cord -- I've read that before too, and I think that's what we'll do too. Hi Lizabethian-- Welcome! I'm the owl-lady and I'd say your post does count! I felt much like you did when I first starting researching uc -- that it just clicked and felt right. Amyjeans - looking forward to your story! Congrats on your...
Stacey and Laura -- thanks so much for your feedback. And you're right, after sleeping on it I realized I haven't changed my mind at all. I know going it alone with dh and our babe is what feels right for me -- now if only I convince dh! Only 3 more months to do it! Ack! I also am comforted to know my mw will come for newborn assessments and is there if I need her. Now that I can see in the light of a new day, I realize I have the best of both worlds. Thanks again, so much...
Hi ladies -- and welcome Stacy. How nice to see we have owls in common! I'm still processing my 90 min visit with my mw today -- so excuse me if I ramble. I opened with "There's something I need to talk to you about, and I'm very nervous about it because it affects our relationship," and wouldn't you know I started crying!!!! Damn hormones!! After I collected myself I let her know my intentions, while at the same time letting her know how much I would still value her...
Hi Elle -- it's good to see you again. Thanks for all the well-wishes, mamas, for my mw appt. She was completely understanding and open-minded -- though a bit surprised about me wanting uc. She said all the right things, which makes it a bit harder, actually. She assured me that I'd be in charge, it's my birth, and she won't even check me or be in the same roon if I don't want. She said she'd still like to be there to support me, make me a smoothie, and clean up -- but...
Hi Mamas, Sorry I don't have time for personals. I'm going to my mw appt today at 2pm where we'll have the "big talk" about uc. I still do want her as a consultant and for a newborn assessment, but that's about it. I'm nervous, but I think I"ll be okay. Please wish me luck!