or Connect

Posts by KateSt.

Binah, Thanks so much for sharing your moving birth story! Niki -- my second pregnancy dh had a dream that made him more open to uc, too. I think dreams like that are so important! I've been asking my babe to help me out again and soothe dh's fears through another dream this time around. Good luck with the midwife, either way it turns out. I can't believe you're 30 weeks!
Oh, Lesley I'm so sorry it's been one thing after another with this pregnancy. I hope your bh abates soon and you're able to rest. Thinking of you and your poor sick family...
Laura, Thanks so much for the yoga tip. Much appreciated! Kristi - how nice to get some surprise support! I concur with Sprinkle that you're brave to admit it -- I barely admit to people that I'm even just having a homebirth. Ha! I'd like to see what some of my friends would do if I mentioned eating the placenta! :LOL Dh and I have been continuing our discussions about uc. Sometimes he's all for it, other times he's definitely not -- but I know he'll come around...
Good Morning, Ladies! Hevea, Monica, and Shannon -- thanks for the feeback on the previous thread about being short of breath. Shannon, I was thinking the same thing you mentioned and went and checked my bp at the drugstore - it was 122/72 which is actually high for me, but I'm not worried about it 'cause it's still low. I'm back to breathing normally again -- guess my body has adjusted to my growth spurt! Hevea-- I just had to tell you that I'm really enjoying my book...
Hi Ladies, Hey, has anyone experienced (or been experiencing) a subtle shortness in breath? As I mentioned in previous posts, baby and my tummy have gone through a big growth spurt this week and the past couple of days I've had a slight shortness when I breathe. I've been feeling the baby move often, so I'm not too worried. But just looking for validation this is normal? Thanks, ladies!
Hevea -- thanks for those links (I guess I'm niave, I didn't know Vit A was controversial!) I just about drooled over those baby pics!!!
Lexie I do have belly shots and just for you I'll be sure to get them on an accessible website within the next day or two...
Wow, Evergreen -- thanks for sharing that. I'm going to have my dh read your post just for extra reinforcement! Sprinkle Pocket -- so glad you asked about lying on your back (I read the other thread too). I was in yoga Wed night and instead of doing an inversion I went to the wall and put my legs up against it, but my yoga teacher (also my friend) told me I shouldn't be on my back for more than 2 minutes. I know she's following precautions and I appreciated her...
Kristen, Not sure about Vit A in Nordic Naturals -- that's not the bottle I have at home right now so I can't check the label. My guess, though, is that it doesn't contain it. (BTW, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has gone through a MAJOR growth spurt! ) EM3 -- I'm so sorry you had to go through PPD with your dd. I've been reading alot about how PPD can be closely related to a woman's birth experience. Do you think that happened to you? (Hope you don't mind me being...
Hi Mamas, I hope you don't mind me dropping in. I've so been where all of you are right now (I'm the former ttc'er who started the old surrender thread -- Alexis, you say such sweet things to me ). I just wanted to give each of you a big (((((HUG))))) and some baby-dust (my smilies arent working) and tell you how wonderful I think you all are. Your babies-to-be are very lucky babies indeed. Alexis -- I know it's silly because we've never met IRL, but I love you...